Can't boot Raspberry Pi 4 with OMV.

• The Raspberry Pi 4 won't boot into OMV. I can't find any documentation on this issue because the Raspberry Pi 4 was released a few days ago. Has anyone had this issue or gotten the raspi4 to boot into OMV?

• Hi,

If you look on sourceforge for raspberry pi 4 image of OMV you will find one labelled OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz. It is still in BETA with minor issues but it should see you through until the official OMV 5 for Debian Buster is released. Although you may come across a couple of errors. I've been using it since 14th july but only from the past 4 days i've been having issues where i couldnt ssh to the device or when i make a change, the apply configuration banner wouldn't show. But that may just have been my RPI 4 because apparently a couple of RPI 4's were released with faulty RJ45 ports and mine was one of them. My replacement is coming today so i'm just gunna try again.

If you need any more help just post back

• Hi,

I ran into the same problem a few days ago, but got it working on a second try. Used the sourceforge image mentioned. The second time, I used Balena Etcher to write the image, plus I connected the pi to the router directly thru ethernet cable. Either of those two things might solve your issue.

Everything working ok except I notice the System Info performance stats graphs don't work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This comes up so many times and the information is in the read me on sourceforge, download the image, flash the SD card (Class 10 A1) using Etcher, connect the PI to an ethernet connection, plug in the SD card and connect power, then wait 20/30 mins the Pi will reboot and update.
    Failure to do any of the above and the Pi will not function as it should.

• Hey,
    I had similar problems.

I installed OMV via the installation-script. After completing without any errors my raspberry pi 4 wasn't able to boot.

SOLUTION:

Running the installation-script without the network setup.
    from the Github Page:

wget https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install

chmod +x install

sudo ./install -n

EDIT:
    Aftern adding the wlan0 as an Interface via the web ui i ran into the same problem again. With a connected ethernet cable it still boots up!
    So it seems that there is a problem with the network managment.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it seems that there is a problem with the network managment.

I have installed on RPis hundreds of times and haven't had an issue. Did you read the install guide? Installing OMV6 or OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!