HardDisk gets automatically unmounted

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• HardDisk gets automatically unmounted

New

Hi,

I have a setup with Raspberry Pi 3, connected to a WD Purple 1 TB internal hard disk, via a hard disk enclosure. The setup is generally stable. I am able to stream videos via DLNA / FTP. I am able to keep the setup running for days together, and all is good.

However, when I have data writes happening, the hard disk automatically gets unmounted. OMV keeps running, so the share is still accessible, but filesystems within that share go missing. The only solution I have, is to login into the portal, and remount the specific hard disk.

I've tried different combinations of the spin down configurations, and they do not seem to help. I know OMV isn't affected, since it keeps running. Only the hard disk gets unmounted, and I am trying to isolate the problem. I think its the hard disk auto spin down, or some problem with the external hard disk enclosure?

Any inputs help.

Thanks!
      Immanuel
    • New

Have an update.

I see some time after the drive has been manually mounted, a new entry for a new disk gets created under "File System", with the old one turning to status "Missing". The new one says, "Online". After a few seconds, the "Missing" entry disappears, and the only one active is the new entry that says "Online".

Now the new entry is not yet mounted, so that needs to be mounted manually.
      That's a little more detail into the problem.

Would help if anyone throws a bit of light on whats happening here.
      Thanks!