Plex not playing all video files in the browser or Windows app

• I previously had started using Docker to run a number of services on my server in OMV3.

I recnetly upgraded to OMV4, but due to my USB failing, I had to actually start from scratch on a new USB. I started setting up the same service, but Plex is pretty much my first and most critical one. It installed fine, but when I went to play the movies, I received this error: Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

• i tried the Android app on my phone, and it plays video files fine.
    • I tried different video files, and a few of them work, but most of them do not. I cannot see a pattern, in terms of resolution, quality or anything else.
    • I've checked the permissions, and I can't see any issues there. In fact, I tried opening up a movie to Everyone and it still wouldn't play.
    • I tried running a different Plex Docker image, and the same thing occurred
    • I tried Emby, and it works fine playing movies in the browser (unfortunately, you have to use Premium to play movies from the Windows app).
    • I tried the Windows and Xbox apps, and they are also failing to play movies (however, the work around I found was using the Plex plugin on Kodi on the Xbox, strange)

I tried looking in the log files and I can't see any errors that would indicate what's going wrong?

I'm a bit annoyed, as I never had any issues running docker images in OMV3, so not sure what I'm doing wrong now? It was usually only due to permissions and quickly resolved.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm really frustrated that it's become so hard to do something that should be relatively simple... :(

• I have exactly same problem with Plex since I change to OMV 4.0 with Plex Docker. (I used plugin for Plex under 3.0)

My LG webos TV, Android phones and tablets working fine, but the browsers on PC not.

• Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

The problem is that the location of your /config for the container is on a drive that is not mounted exec capable. This is the default for all data drives in OMV. If you examine your /etc/fstab file you will see this in the mount options as "noexec".

A temporary fix is to edit fstab changing noexec to exec and rebooting. However, this change will be reverted by OMV when certain configuration changes are made in the future.

The complete fix is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1aOiFtBG3Q

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Oh yeah, gderf that's it! I knew it was something simple! If forgotten that I'd done that last time, and I had to switch drives due to a failure!

Really appreciate the responses, I spent so much time going crazy on this one...

I'll give it a go today :)

• The problem is that the location of your /config for the container is on a drive that is not mounted exec capable. This is the default for all data drives in OMV. If you examine your /etc/fstab file you will see this in the mount options as "noexec".
    A temporary fix is to edit fstab changing noexec to exec and rebooting. However, this change will be reverted by OMV when certain configuration changes are made in the future.

The complete fix is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1aOiFtBG3Q

I know that fstab fix (thanks for TechnoDadLife) and I already done it a couple of days ago, but it's helped partially only for me.

Originally I had 2 problems:
    1. play videos from browser on PC didn't worked
    2. transcoding from any device didn't worked

After I done that fix, transcode starts working on devices (line TV or phones) but play from browser on PCs still not works.

This is my problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!