Downloading from an Internet Linux Box to Local OMV

• Hello,
    I own a linux box in the cloud. I'd like to be able to transfer files to my local OMV.
    On the Synology NAS, I'm able to link a remote directory using the SFTP protocol. Then I can choose the files/directories I want to transfer. Then the NAS does the transfer "alone", maybe all night long.

With my local OMV, I saw that I'm able to make rsync syncronizations but in my case, I would like to be able to choose the files or directory I want to transfer, not using a cron job or something similar. Any ideas to perform this?

• You could use Midnight Commander from a shell on the OMV box with a shell link, ftp link, or sftp link to the remote site.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• OK, I'll have a look at Syncthing.
    The problem with midnight commander is that I would have to do it in a shell, and not from the webpage. The goal is to download selectively files that I have on a linux Torrent box.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you

• Both BtSync and Synchthing provide easy GUI options. Only difference is Syncthing is opensource and Resilio is not.

That being said, I love resilio when moving data between servers, it works right out of the box, minimal work required on top of installing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!