OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• By the way, the issue that several people see with resolve.conf not populating after upgrade is fixed by issuing:

Code
    $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf

then reboot. At this point, /etc/resolv.conf will be updated again from your DHCP-server!

• Offizieller Beitrag

By the way, the issue that several people see with resolve.conf not populating after upgrade is fixed by issuing:

Code
    $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf

then reboot. At this point, /etc/resolv.conf will be updated again from your DHCP-server!

This does not apply to OMV5 because this package is not installed and OMV uses systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved which is responsible to populate this file.

• @ryecoaaron
    I did the purge for the plugins but I am still getting the error immedietely after signing in:

OMV\Exception: Failed to open include file 'js/omv/PluginManager.js'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc:42

Is there a way to manually uninstall any old plugins that may be causing this?

****fixed it

Figured it out = it was the shell in a box plugin

• To summarize the following procedure is recommended:

1) Uninstall all plug-ins including omv-extras via the web interface
    2) Make backup of resolve.conf OR remove resolve.conf and add an DNS server following ness1602, post 35, after upgrade with the following commands

Code
    rm /etc/resolve.conf 
    nameserver 9.9.9.9" >> /etc/resolv.conf

3) Perform the dist-upgrade following ryecoaaron:

Done.

Did I forget something? I am using the omv-extras sftp plugin. Should I run

Code
    omv-removesftpmount

prior dist-upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uninstall all plug-ins including omv-extras via the web interface

You need to remove all OMV 4.x plugins that don't have an OMV 5.x equivalent not all omv-extras plugins.

Make backup of resolve.conf OR remove resolve.conf and add an DNS server following ness1602, post 35, after upgrade with the following commands

I've never had to do this. I think only people who still have the resolvconf package installed need to do this after the upgrade.

Did I forget something? I am using the omv-extras sftp plugin. Should I run

No. I wouldn't remove the plugin at all.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the response. Shall I upgrade the omv-extras before dist-upgrade by uploading github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…extrasorg_latest_all5.deb through the web interface? Does this also upgrades the installed omv-extra plugins i.e. sftp? Or shall I do the upgrade of with the *.dep above after dist-upgrade though the web interface?

Some people before in this thread reported that they removed all plugins prior upgrade. I am confused...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Shall I upgrade the omv-extras before dist-upgrade by uploading github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…extrasorg_latest_all5.deb through the web interface?

Nope. The sed statement should change the omv-extras repo so that the dist-upgrade upgrades it.

Does this also upgrades the installed omv-extra plugins i.e. sftp?

The same sed statement should do the same for the omv-extras plugins. Sometimes, apt tries to upgrade those before OMV itself is upgrade which can cause an issue.

Or shall I do the upgrade of with the *.dep above after dist-upgrade though the web interface?

Upgrading OMV from 4.x to 5.x will never involve the web interface.

Some people before in this thread reported that they removed all plugins prior upgrade. I am confused...

Just because that is what people did doesn't mean it is correct. Obviously removing them makes it so they won't fail to upgrade but it creates a lot more work setting them back up. If they fail to upgrade, apt-get -f install usually will fix the issue. If one plugin is being stubborn, remove just it not all.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I found to get this to work, I also needed to do:

Code
    omv-confdbadm populate

also for OMV extras to show up I needed to :

Code
    rm /etc/resolv.conf
    echo "nameserver 9.9.9.9" >> /etc/resolv.conf

After full installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After full install

Did you have the resolvconf package installed?

• This is the full version of how I go everything to work and what order.

Clear cache.

It only works in this order.
    I am still experimenting with plugins. I do get some errors with OMV5 approved plugins. I need to experiment more and see what is happening.

• So plugin wise, autoshutdown nerfs the system.

There is at least one more plugin causing a problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't install it myself.

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep resolv

It only works in this order.

I have never used omv-confdbadm populate on an upgrade. If systemd-resolved is running and resolvconf is not installed, you shouldn't need to change /etc/resolv.conf.

here is at least one more plugin causing a problem.

A plugin manager error is either a cache issue or an OMV 4.x plugin is still installed. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• 1. Clean install OMV4 in virtual machine.
    2. After

Code
    apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg

Error for autoshutdown.

3. At doing wget, if I check I have a resolve.conf file, which has 192.168.8.1, so then I remove it. And add in 9.9.9.9.

4. When I finish I go to the web interface, I log in and get this.

dpkg -l | grep resolv

Code
    root@omv1:~# dpkg -l | grep resolv
    ii  libc-ares2:amd64                 1.14.0-1                            amd64        asynchronous name resolver
    ii  libgeoip1:amd64                  1.6.12-1                            amd64        non-DNS IP-to-country resolver library
    ii  resolvconf                       1.79                                all          name server information handler
    root@omv1:~#

dpkg -l | grep openm

These are most of the plugins that should be ported over and work, but the system seems to have a plugin error.

I can get this to work with just flash plugin and docker plugin installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Error for autoshutdown.

The salt run for autoshutdown must be failing. omv-salt deploy run autoshutdown would tell me more.

ii resolvconf

This is why you are having problems after upgrading with dns and /etc/resolv.conf. I updated my post to remove it at the same time omvextras is removed.

ii openmediavault-openvpn 4.0.4 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-remotedesktop 4.0.1 all Remote desktop plugin for OpenMediaVault.

These two plugins should've been removed before starting the upgrade since they have no 5.x version. I add the step to remove the 4.x plugins that aren't in 5.x.

• Here you go:

autoshutdown

• Followed the new directions:
    After logging in:Resolv seems to get reinstalled.

Here is the list:

Autoshutdown needs to be removed.

Even without auto shutdown. It errors due to plugin following the new directions. For some reason Openvpn and remotedesktop remained.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!