OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• First of all, thanks for the support.

I am on latest offical OMV 4 branch. Whenever OMV 5 will be officially available, would it be enough to update via the web GUI? (dirty flash). I guess we should uninstall all plugins (and maybe docker images?) running on OMV 4 before.

Or will we have to manually install it from scratch?

PD: I see Rye has posted a way to upgrade by manually adding the sources and force the update. Is that the way to go before official upgrade arrives?

Thanks.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• So I followed the directions in thread 38 and everything seemed to go well accepting the defaults for everything.
    I have version 5.2.3-2 (Usul) installed and my shares from 4.x are all visible, passwords maintained.
    I have uninstalled the 4.x version of omvextras and need to install the omvextras 5.x version.
    However when I attempt to install omvextras using the command (Got on the omvextras.org website)
    it says it cannot resolve it... wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

I can ping ip numbers on the internet from the server connected via putty so I'm not sure if there's a problem with the gitbhub URL or if it's something else??

• Chances are that your /etc/resolv.conf file was erased.

That was it!! Thanks much...I followed thread 45 and it corrected it.
    OMV is now showing all 5.x plugins.
    I installed omvextras as well and docker and portainer...But after looking at those (Portainer needs a password or something..guess you have to signup?)...I uninstalled docker and portainer as I already have the plugins I need. (Left OMVExtras installed)...THANKS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Portainer needs a password or something..guess you have to signup?

No. It wants you to create an initial username and password. This isn't signing up anywhere on the internet.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No. It wants you to create an initial username and password. This isn't signing up anywhere on the internet.

ryecoaaron,

After I wrote that last night I went and looked at a TechnoDadLife video and saw how to use it...I had seen the "Key" thing on the extensions is what made me think that.
    THANKS MUCH for those instructions in thread 38. They worked great and I just had to use the instructions in thread 45 to get my resolve.conf back working (Probably something I did).
    I have DOCKER and PORTAINER reinstalled and just updated to 5.2.4-1 Usul this morning without a hitch. So my upgrade from 4.x to 5.x seems complete and successful.

• I just upgraded to OMV5 with the following commands:

Code
    # sed -i "s/stretch/buster/g" /etc/apt/sources.list
    # sed -i "s/stretch/buster/g" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
    # sed -i "s/arrakis/usul/g" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get dist-upgrade
    # reboot

And after the reboot I am getting the RPC error whenever I try to log in to the webUI:

My dkpg -l output:

Code
    # dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    Zitat

iF openmediavault 5.2.4-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-flashmemory 4.2.1 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

My omv-engined output seems ok:

Code
    # omv-engined -d -f

My systemctl status output seems ok:

Code
    # systemctl status openmediavault-engined

And I fixed the resolv.conf issue by adding manually the nameservers from Google and protecting it to writing:

Code
    # rm /etc/resolv.conf
    # echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf
    # echo "nameserver 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf
    # chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

But my problem is that it seems like OMV5 has not been fully installed, as after the upgrasde command:

Code
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get dist-upgrade

I got this:

Zitat

Thanks in advance.

PD: Never mind, I got it working.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jfromeo ()

• My first try to upgrade from arrakis to usul was unsuccessful.

I'm using Helios4 with 4.1.32, a RAID5 with four 8TB disks, some sharedfolders and SMB/CIFS shares plus docker containers for nextcloud, mariadb, letsencrypt according Macom's How-to.
    What I did?

Code
    # sed -i "s/stretch/buster/g" /etc/apt/sources.list
    # sed -i "s/stretch/buster/g" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
    # sed -i "s/arrakis/usul/g" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get dist-upgrade
    # reboot

After reboot I couldn't connect to the admin web interface:

Now I'm back to OMV4 using a SD-Card backup.

My questions:

• Did I miss an important prerequisite, e.g. de-installing some packages or plugins?
    • Which answers (Y or N) during the dist-upgrade are recommended?

Any help is highly appreciated.

OMV 7.0.4 Sandworm | omvextrasorg 7.0 | compose 7.1 | Linux 6.6.16-current-mvebu | Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm | Hardware Helios4 | RAID5 with 4 * 8TB WD Red

• Offizieller Beitrag

After reboot I couldn't connect to the admin web interface:

You probably had some omv-extras plugins for omv 4.x still installed. Just make sure to install omv-extras 5.x and then update the system.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You probably had some omv-extras plugins for omv 4.x still installed. Just make sure to install omv-extras 5.x and then update the system.

Thank you. This was the missing clue.
    OMV5 up and running, now!

OMV 7.0.4 Sandworm | omvextrasorg 7.0 | compose 7.1 | Linux 6.6.16-current-mvebu | Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm | Hardware Helios4 | RAID5 with 4 * 8TB WD Red

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!