OMV5 on Raspbian Buster: Website not working

• I tried to set up OMV on a Raspberry Pi4, Debian Buster (with desktop) and no other software installed. I followed https://forum.openmediavault.o…OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/

After a reboot, I cannot connect to the web interface, neither locally, nor via LAN.

Error message: "localhost refused to connect"

nginx is up and running (4 worker threads) -- no error messages in journalctl after a restart
    omv-engined is up and running

Files in /var/www/openmediavault exist.

/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ is empty
    /etc/nginx/sites-available/ contains only "default"
    /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/ is empty

No firewall has been set up.

Any ideas?

• Some further rumblings on my way to get everything up and running. Take it with a grain of salt (or two), as I am an absolute beginner with nginx, OMV, and possibly other topics that may be touched in here.

1st insight: nginx seems not to know about the OMV with site files (empty sites-enabled).
    - Created a /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault from /etc/nginx/sites-available/default,
    - modified "root" line to point to /var/www/openmediavault
    - appended "index" line to include "index.php".
    - Restarted nginx service:

Code
    sudo service nginx restart

Result: http://localhost/ now causes a download of /var/www/openmediavault/index.php

2nd insight: nginx delivers php-files instead of parsing them.
    - Uncomment section below "pass PHP scripts to FastCGI server" (using php-fpm, but not php-cgi),
    - restart nginx service.
    Result: PHP is now executed, but OMV yields an error message:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to open file (filename=/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json, mode=w+). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(182): OMV\Json\File->open('w+')
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #2 {main}

3rd insight: File /var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json does not exist; in fact already the folder cache.omv does not exist. Folder /var/cache/openmediavault has ownership root:openmediavault-webgui and access "drwxrwxr-x", nginx worker processes are started for user www-data.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Created a /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault from /etc/nginx/sites-available/default,

You shouldn't have to create or edit files. OMV maintains those files. If they don't exist, the openmediavault package isn't fully installed or something else happened. If the package is installed, you can have omv recreate them. I don't have a running OMV 5.x system right now but it should be something like omv-salt deploy run nginx to recreate the nginx configs.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!