OMV4 convert to Uefi

• Hy there
    im trying to convert my legacy OMV 4 to UEFI because i want to use my new J5005 ITX Mainboard, which btw run fine with 2* 8GB Ram.

I followed this tutorial:
    https://blog.getreu.net/projects/legacy-to-uefi-boot/

But i getting stucked when tryin to mount the right folders to chroot into omv.
    I managed to chroot into omv and also managed it get the internet to work for downloading grub-efi.
    But in the end der is no bootable efi system.

I have a 200gb SSD with 16GB for omv, 8gb swap, other space is a ext4 partition with shared folder for virtual Machines, Webserver and so on. (and 3 other HDDs, idle and shutdown @90% of the time, thats why i want to use the SSD for VM's and so on)
    I cloned this ssd with clonezilla to a 1.5TB HDD. (and can do this again)

Generel Steps converting zu UEFI (pls correct me if i miss something)
    - resize 16gb omv partition
    - create "empty space" between omv partition and shared folder partition
    - create 2 partitions in this space 500mb fat32 formated, flagged bootable and esp, after that 1mb partition unformated
    - mount omv partition on a other debian 9 system, (and other folders, according to the tutorial, but i dont know which)
    - chroot into the mounted omv debian, getting internet to work (ping google.com), apt-get remove grub-pc, apt-get install grub-efi
    - ??

Thanks for Help
    Answers in german are welcome ;)

• Nope just uefi with this board.

And its also a long process moving mysql DBs, Webserver with wiki, baikal and so on to a new fresh install. And im not that linux professional ...

So i hope i get this conversion done.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!