Updating from 4.38 to 5.xx

• Hey there
    I want to upodate from the OMV 4.38 to a5.xx version.
    My question is, when i will delete the OS HDD and install the 5.xx version,
    what will happen to the createt folders on my data HDD.
    Are the Folders i created on them still there, and how can i get them back to the "shared folders" ?

The reason why i want to delete the whole OS is, that i have some problems with the DLNA and the FTP plugins.

Best regards Ego

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ego ()

• You want to update. You want to reinstall with a newer Version. Which is it?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hey
    Sorry for question i'm new to OMV.(and new to Linux)
    Yes i want to reinstall with the latest 0.5 Version.

Since the last update(to 0.4.3.8) i have some problems with my DLNA and my FTP Server.
    Thats the reason, why i want to do this.

• It may be easier for you to just solve your problem. Because updating from 0.4 to 0.5 may be easier if you have set up many shares.

What problems do you have?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hey thanks.

Ich schreibs mal in englisch.
    Ok i try to explain them (sorry for my english).

IN the DLNA i can not sharer my folders anymore so, when i want to search for my folders on my TV there are no folders.
    My TV is able to connect, but can't find any files.

And since the latest Update
    my FTP server kicks the clients sometimes while they are downloading files (sometimes after 10 minutes, other times after 50 minutes)
    and that without any reason. The client gets the message that the server shut down.
    Afer that youc ant reconnect to the server (which is still on, in the GUI)
    When i reboot the the whole system it works fine, for about 2 days.

• Du kannst mir auch auf deutsch schreiben, ist ja nicht umsonst meine Muttersprache und grade wenn jemand englisch nicht sehr gut kann biete ich deutsche Hilfe sehr gern an ;)

Versuch mal folgenes:

Code
    dpkg --purge openmediavault-minidlna
    apt-get install openmediavault-minidlna

Was dein fehler mit dem FTP Server angeht, was sagt der FTP Log, oder vielmehr der Syslog? - dein Netzwerk scheint sich abzuschalten wenn der Server gar nicht mehr erreichbar ist.

Gruß
    David

• Hi
    Ok danke
    Das mit dem DLNA werde ich gleich mal versuchen.
    Da Problem ist aber das ich seit dem letzten Update in der GUI keine Orner mehr freigeben kann, da in der GUI das gesamte Fenster fehlt.

Das sich das Netzwerk abschaltet, dachte ich auch erst, ist aber nicht der fall die eth0 ist weiter aktiv und das managed Switch beghauptet auch nix gegeteiliges.
    Hab auch schon die SSL rausgenommen, das Problemn tritt aber weiterhin relativ sporadisch auf.

In der systemlog steht. timeout after 600sec.
    oder maxconnections per host[3]

• When this happens there is usually a perms problem on the underlying files. I would do this to the shared folder that is having the issues.

chmod -R 775 nameofsharedfolder
    chown -R root:users nameofsharedfolder

You can check these before you do it with:

ls -la (to see perms or ownership of a list of files of a folder)

or

stat (with an individual file)

Also, there could be an issue with your database for minidlna.

service minidlna stop
    rm /tmp/minidlna/files.db
    service minidlna start

If you are using a firewall let me know.
    Another issue some people may have is they are not using eth0. In that case the /etc/minidlna.conf will need to be edited manually.

• ok
    what do you think is the rason that in the GUI interface the whole part with the shared folders is mising in the DLNA plugin.
    It looks like there has never been one.

I will try your solution
    Thx.

• Ok
    also Fehler sind immernoch da./Bugs are still there.

Wenn ich das SYstem mit einer neueren Version neu aufsetze, sind dann meine Orberstruckturen auf meinen Daten HDDs noch vorhanden?
    Und wie binde ich diese dann neu ein ohne das mir die HDD komplett formatiert werden. Würde ungern 4TB Daten verlieren.

• Ist alles noch da, bei der installation die daten festplatten abziehen und nach der installation wieder anstecken. Dann shared folders und services wieder einrichten.

Gruss
    David

• So,
    now i have installed the 0.5 version and the miniDLNA is running again.
    Now i have to config the ftp and try if the problem is still there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!