Problems With Docker

• Hi All i hope anyone can assit.

After restart this is the error i am getting.
    I have removed docker readded it back but nothing.

Error #0:OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(96): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...', NULL)#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1198): OMV\Config\Database->getAssoc('conf.service.do...')#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->setSettings(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

Thanks for the help

• Offizieller Beitrag

Under docker settings where is the docker mounting to? Blank or a sharedfolder?

In the following, within the Docker plugin, "none" is default. The default location is /var/lib/docker . We'll say, for example, that you start with the default location and download a Docker. Then, from the image, you create a container. They will show up in the plugin, in the Overview Tab.

If you change the default location, to a shared folder, the image and configured container will simply disappear from the Overview tab because the don't exist in the new location.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When is try and enable the plugin it also fails

I'm still not sure what this means. When you enable the plugin, you get an error ?

Anyway - it won't hurt to try the following:

Remove the Docker plugin.
    Under System, OMV-Extra's, in the "Repos" TAB, turn OFF Docker CE. (Save)
    Reboot.

Under, System, OMVExtras, the Repos Tab, in the Updates drop down: Run apt clean.
    Do your updates in update management.
    In OMV-Extra's, in the "Repos" TAB, turn ON Docker CE. (Save)
    Run apt clean again

Try loading the Docker Plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you get on the command line?
    (I haven't seen this issue before, but based on input from a friend:)
    About all that's left is command line removal of the Docker plugin and, maybe, OMVExtra's. Then adding them back.

By chance, do you have OS backup?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I couldn't confirm how to remove Docker (and the plugin) safely on the CLI.
    Using some apt-get commands incorrectly, (with autoremove, --purge, etc.) may come with unintended consequences.

Tagging @ryecoaaron who may be know how to deal with this. (ryecoarron - please accept my apologies. This went down an unexpected path.)

• First thing i want to thank you for even taking the time to look at this.

I am very new to openmediavault and trying to understand how the system works.

If need be i can just reload but wondering if this happens again how do i fix it.

I will look on the forums and see if there is some commands that i can use to get it removed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

First thing i want to thank you for even taking the time to look at this.

It's all good - that's what the forum is for. :)

If need be i can just reload but wondering if this happens again how do i fix it.

This is what I was thinking of, when I asked if you had OS backup. Any number of things can happen that cause minor corruption, that can't be easily diagnosed or repaired. An easy solution is to drop back to a known good backup. OMV supports OS backup with a plugin. Backup your boot drive and if you have some inexplicable problem, restore it.

You didn't mention what your platform is, ARM or X86. In ether case, this guide explains how to setup OMV boot drive, on a flash media, and how to clone the boot drive to another. Using this method, if you have a problem with OMV, OMV's plugins (anything on the boot drive) a restoration can be done in the time that it takes to shut down and reboot.

BTW: The translation page for PDF's works, but it may take some effort to figure it out.

• Thanks for the great support and help.

Using a Core I7 Desktop.

i was using Flexraid and really enjoyed the software but the developer have disappeared so looking for something new.
    Was looking at Unraid but it does not support Datarot and this software does so this is what i am using or testing.

Been very happy sofar .
    Easy to understand and setup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've heard the Unraid story before - unfortunate.

If you're looking for bit-rot protect and something that actively corrects silent errors, there's currently three choices in opensource (AFIK). The COW filesystems, ZFS or BTRFS in a RAID1 equivalent, and SNAPRAID. SNAPRAID doesn't require a 50% loss of disk space for bit-rot protection. Depending on the number of disks protected, you'd be looking at 33% or even less and there are numerous additional benefits beyond bit-rot protection. I'm been using it on one of my servers, as a long term bit-rot test (with older disks), and decided to keep it.

SNAPRAID is supported in OMV's GUI, as a plugin. It's worth a look.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I couldn't confirm how to remove Docker (and the plugin) safely on the CLI.

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui docker-ce

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!