Docker Containers updated with "volumes from" filled in are being lost by Watchtower

• Ran into this issue after following Techno Dad Life's two part series on watchtower and Docker containers in OMV. I have this media/storage system all running great besides updating docker containers.

The issue I run into is that if I run watchtower and containers that have "volumes from" field filled in are lost and I have to recreate it from scratch.

As a workaround, I have been going into Deluge, Sonarr, Radarr, and etc modifying the "volumes from" then run watchtower. As soon as watchtower is done, I will go back in turn it off, and add the "volumes from" fields to the docker containers.

Anyone else running into this or know how to resolve this?

I was thinking about switching from v2tec/watchtower to containrrr/watchtower to see if it makes a difference.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Anyone else running into this or know how to resolve this?

TBH I run watchtower but not had a problem but then again I don't have any linked containers, this thread has opened some debate and referenced volumes from, but does that 'field' link one container to the other, I don't know. Reading through the docker hub info for v2tec/watchtower it clearly states in the Linked Containers section that watchtower should handle this.

One option might be to install Cockpit as far as I know Cockpit can set up linked containers

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was thinking about switching from v2tec/watchtower to containrrr/watchtower to see if it makes a difference.

This got me thinking as v2tec was on github but no more, in the docker hub for v2tec click on the link Please report any issues to v2tec/watchtower :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!