Docker Containers updated with "volumes from" filled in are being lost by Watchtower

• OMV 4.x
    • Docker Containers updated with "volumes from" filled in are being lost by Watchtower

Ran into this issue after following Techno Dad Life's two part series on watchtower and Docker containers in OMV. I have this media/storage system all running great besides updating docker containers.

The issue I run into is that if I run watchtower and containers that have "volumes from" field filled in are lost and I have to recreate it from scratch.

As a workaround, I have been going into Deluge, Sonarr, Radarr, and etc modifying the "volumes from" then run watchtower. As soon as watchtower is done, I will go back in turn it off, and add the "volumes from" fields to the docker containers.

Anyone else running into this or know how to resolve this?

I was thinking about switching from v2tec/watchtower to containrrr/watchtower to see if it makes a difference.
    • inmyTEEPEE wrote:

Anyone else running into this or know how to resolve this?
      TBH I run watchtower but not had a problem but then again I don't have any linked containers, this thread has opened some debate and referenced volumes from, but does that 'field' link one container to the other, I don't know. Reading through the docker hub info for v2tec/watchtower it clearly states in the Linked Containers section that watchtower should handle this.

One option might be to install Cockpit as far as I know Cockpit can set up linked containers
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?