Zyxel NAS 520 won't boot anymore

• Hello,

I tried to install OMV on my Zyxel NAS 520. It worked more or less until I figured out, that the Partition was only 1GB (SD-Card hat 32gb). So I did a resize while OMV was running. After this I did "sudo reboot". Everythin seemed normal, but the NAS didn't come up.

First I tried to reset the NAS over the Button. Same Result
    I tried to boot without SD-Card.
    I tried to reinstall the SD-Card with a fresh OMV. Same Result
    I tried to install different Bootloader "fixers" no one worked.
    The whole time the NAS didn't show up in my Network (on my Fritz!Box). And the LAN Port was Orange.
    I tried to delete the NAS out of my Network, changed the LAN Ports and tried a lot again. Nothing worked.
    Now my LED is green, but without a SD-Card it seems to restart the whole time, with the SD-Card there is a long Beep Sound, afterwards nothing is happening.

What can I do to get back to the old Firmware or reinstall OMV. In the moment I am stuck an can't help myself anymore.

Your Moritz

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von XZaya () aus folgendem Grund: More Informations

• Offizieller Beitrag

The NAS does not Popup in my Fritz!Box, and the Ethernet LED is just orange.

That would imply you have connectivity but no activity, have tried changing the cable and/or tried another port on your router.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• That would imply you have connectivity but no activity, have tried changing the cable and/or tried another port on your router.

Yeah, I already tried to reconnect and already tested on another Router. But now it only green light, but the NAS seems to restart the whole time.

• Hello ... I need help.

Sfter flashing the kernel on my 520 the lan ports do not work. Which is interesting, it boots the system (debian) exclusively with a USB flash drive and writes the log file /var/log/kernel.log into it .. (without usb flash it just restarts) I tried with several usb to lan adapters but kernel 3.2.0-6-nas5xx does not have a driver ... on another nas 326 I try to install drivers (Makefile make) but I always had some error, the kernel failed upgrade ... I can send the log file or post it somewhere so you can see ... can someone insert a new kernel into debian-nas-bullseye-21.218-armhf.img.gz ... I tried but it didn't work. if the usb lan adapter would work for me, then I could flash the 520 kernel again, maybe it would work...

I need these drivers in the kernel...

ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. USB 10/100/1G/2.5G LAN r8152.53.56-2.15.0

ICS Advent DM9601 Fast Ethernet Adapter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!