Docker start options

• Hi, I am kind of new to Docker but have quite a lot of containers running nonetheless and love it!

There is something I can't get my head around though, and I hope someone can explain this.
    When I run a container from an image, and set a lot of start options/environment variables, these are visible in the details of the running container. My question is, where are these saved? Are they saved to a Dockerfile somewhere?
    When Watchtower starts to update images and re-create containers, it knows what run options and environment variables to set, so it must get them from somewhere, right?

• Let me clarify: The options I am using to start a container with (see screenshot) are saved in appdata outside Docker?
    Where would I be able to find them on a Debian OMV install? Can you give me an example of such a config file on the file system?

• I believe that TDL is referring to the Volume and Bind Mount options, particularly the /config Container path, the path to which you know because you set it yourself.

I don't know where the Environment variables are stored though.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• I'm starting to think the start options and environment variables are kicked off in the Docker run command when the container is started and are not actually stored anywhere, could that be true?
    Stil doesn't explain how Watchtower knows about all of them though...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!