Move shared folder to other disk

• Hi, I want to move my shared folder folder from physical disk1 to physical disk2. If I edit the "device" of the shared folder, the folder itself get moved to the new drive, but not the data. How can I afterwards move the data as well? i can't see it in Krusader?

Another option could be, to move the data first to another shared folder on the same disk. Let's call the folder "sharemover". Then change the device of the "tvshows" folder and finally move the data to the other disk. Only problem: The moving speed is quite slow... around 150mb/s. Since the data is not physically moving, that seems odd.

Any other ideas from the community?

• ok i figured out a good way.

i move the shared folder to the other disk first by clicking "edit". then i use midnight commander and go to the mount points of the original location (srv/disk/folder...), select the files and move it into the shared folder directory again. I'm pretty sure thats the fastest way :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!