Odroid HC2 missing disk :-( Failed?

• Went to access some files tonight, only to discover the share was not functioning. The device had been functioning with no problems for the last 10 months with no recent configuration changes.

I'm using an Odroid HC2 with 10TB disk.
    Storage -> Files System reports the drive status as missing.

Running OMV 4.1.12.

cat /etc/fstab produces

Code
    UUID=d0da7bbe-e3af-4588-8715-aa5c4478eb88 / btrfs defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,compress=lzo 0 1
    UUID=5bab0a55-56f1-4443-8cac-297e1181425c /boot ext4 defaults,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 2
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Media /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media ntfs defaults,nofail 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-HGST_HDN721010ALE604_1SHV7BDZ-part1 /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-HGST_HDN721010ALE604_1SHV7BDZ-part1 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

sudo fdisk -l does not list the 10TB drive :(

Output of armbianmonitor -u here following a reboot.

I've read in this thread that a reinstall might solve the issue if it is connected with hdparm.

Multiple reboots have had no effect.

Using the original power supply that came with the HC2.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I can do?

TIA!

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are a lot of errors for the 10 TB drive in the log file. Can't read partition table. Sectors unreadable. And so on.

You could try to connect it to a PC and run some data recovery software to save the data. Also it might be possible to repartition and reformat. Or perhaps the drive is junk.

But first you could try to reinstall and see what happens. Perhaps your drive is incompatible with hdparm and you have activated hdparm?

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Well I pulled the drive out and attached it to my UAS USB controller.
    It is bad news.

Linux laptop wouldn't see the drive at all.
    Windows 10 beeped to acknowledge the drive adapter, then beeped as if it had been unplugged. It kept this mount / unmount loop going, although at no time did the disk appear.

Looks like my HGST is going to have to go back for a warranty replacement :(

Thanks for the help all the same Adoby. Was glad to see you chiming in!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!