Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

• When I try to login to the web-gui, I get the following error:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I can still login via ssh, but my Docker services are not running.

I found this Reddit thread where someone had the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenM…d_only_file_system_error/.

When I run mount, it returns.

The problem seems to be on line 6. When I try to fix it as suggested in the reddit thread with mount -o remount,rw /, this is what it returns:

mount: cannot remount /dev/mmcblk0p7 read-write, is write-protected

Does someone else see what is the matter?

I run OMV on a RockPro64 (4GB RAM).
    OMV version 4.1.23-1 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.4.167-1213-rockchip-ayufan-g34ae07687fce
    Processor: ARMv8 Processor rev 2 (v8l)

• I turned off the machine one night, the next morning it was working again. Now when I run mount line 6 is /dev/mmcblk0p7 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime).

Although I still don't know what went wrong

• Did you manually edit fstab or any other system file lately?

I am running into the exact same problem again. Plus, when in ssh I run ls only n sharedfolders is shown. And only one of my shared folders is shown in the folder.

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to this it should be possible to solve the error message from your first post with
    omv-firstaid

From the bottom of that page:

What can break the web interface?As explained, the web interface depends on several third party software components.

1 - Nginx http engine. The web server software is very sensitive to any syntax mistakes in sites-available folder. Any files there that do not pass syntax check will result in a fail to restart/reload nginx daemon. Also editing the openmediavault-webui nginx file improperly will result in failure. Nothing will be displayed by the browser, it will just say “Connection refused”, as there is no software running on the http port.

2 - omv-engined not running. Whenever the rpc daemon is not running, an error will pop in web interface “Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory”.

3 - The php-fpm socket is not running. Uncommon error, but if fiddling around with the php socket configuration or systemd to make it not start the web interface will display “502 Bad gateway”.

All of the above errors should be able to be corrected with omv-firstaid. Offending files in sites-available should be removed from there to start the nginx server.

• Well after another night the machine is working again. But I still cannot access any of the folders when ssh-ing in root.

As to try I gave my own user all permissions and shh-ed. Then I was able to see all the files. Although when running ls -l I saw that all folders where owned by root.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kromsam ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!