ZFS missing after update

• I don't know why "linux-image-amd64" might be missing but it was! :-/

Anyway, I managed to upgrade to the 4.19 kernel by:
    apt-get install linux-image-amd64
    which complained about the headers missing, so
    apt-get install linux-headers-4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64

rebooted and voila':

# uname -aLinux willy 4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.37-4~bpo9+1 (2019-06-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

That's a step forward, but unfortunately the zfs plugin installation is still failing:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would purge the plugin and reinstall. zfs has a lot of packages and quite a few of yours were install correctly and your reinstall never compiled the zfs module (proxmox kernel doesn't require the compile).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK. I've got zfs and zpool installed now.

The purging didn't help in my case. For everyone's benefit, this is what worked for me.

First of all make sure you have the 4.19 kernel (as per ryecoaaron's suggestion).

Then when installing the "openmediavault-zfs" plugin , if you get errors like I posted above, make sure you load the zfs module with:
    /sbin/modprobe zfs

Then install the plugin again. I got the below output:

i hope it helps.

Thanks for the support ryecoaaron! ;)

• Hi all,

I have a similar problem. I did the huge mistake in touching my running system. I was running the 4.9 (OMV 4.0.4) kernel with ZFS and everything was working ok. Then I did a distr-upgrade and it installed 4.19 with header. ZFS stopped working with the same error messages as seen above.

I of course followed the same steps and with the purging of insserv the error message disappeared. I could install the zfs addon without errors but when I tried to access zfs mount I received following errors:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; zfs list -H -t snapshot -o name,used,refer 2>&1' with exit code '1': /dev/zfs and /proc/self/mounts are required. Try running 'udevadm trigger' and 'mount -t proc proc /proc' as root.

Then I decided to go for proxmox as I was fedup with struggling around. Unfortunately this did not change anything. Still not able to access my zfs mounts and even worse, Im not able to select any other kernel anymore. In the dropdown only the proxmox kernel is available.If I run:

/sbin/modprobe zfs

I get: modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

If I run: zpool status

I get:

/dev/zfs and /proc/self/mounts are required.

Try running 'udevadm trigger' and 'mount -t proc proc /proc' as root.

Any ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!