Can’t start web server on Raspberry Pi 4

• I have downloaded and installed OMV v 4 onto my Raspberry Pi v4. The web server and reverse proxy server won’t start. I have tried the process several times with the same result. It is complaining that [::]:80 failed (97: Address family not supported by protocol. As far as I can tell the Nginx service is correctly attempting to listen using IPV4 on port 80. This seems similar to previous postings but suggested solutions have no effect.

I have tried running “apt update” from root - it mostly works except that nginx-full won’t configure because of “<< 1.10.3-1+deb9u2.1≈” and of course that means omv won’t configure....

I am running Linux raspberry pi 4.19.50-v71+ 895 SMP
    Debian GNU/Linux 9.9 (stretch)
    Raspberry pi v4 1Gb with 16Gb SD card

• [::]:80 indicates that something is trying to connect to the IPv6 stack. Disable IPv6 and try again.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• yes but I have ipv6only off so I don't think this is the problem
    listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off;

ipv6only=off is not the same thing as disabling ipv6.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

as far as I can tell - what are you trying to say??

Just a proposal: use the recommendation as a checklist and make sure one by one that you have followed it. If you find one (slight) deviation, try without that deviation.

• I turned IPV6 off as follows with no effect - still fails to start the web server

Add the following at the bottom of the file /etc/sysctl.conf
    net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1

• I believe that the issue is the line listen [::]:80; in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui.
    If you change it to listen 80; and then restart nginx using `sudo systemctl restart nginx`, it might be fixed.

I created an issue for the dev team to work on.

• This sounds like the issue I've had with DNS. they have a default server of 1.1.1.1 which is blocked by some ISPs. This is a know issue (I see references to this last spring) that has not been fixed. I run pi-hole for my DNS and have many ~30 other devices that use this server that have no problem. OMV does not use the users dhcp dns settings. It overrides it with the 1.1.1.1 that might be blocked. Works for some, some it doesn't.
    So far to date, no solution found.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!