[ODROID HC1] How to turn off the "automount / at an USB-Drive" feature ?

• Hello,

i just installed OMV the first time on a Odroid HC1.

It is up and running. :)

Now I'd like to set up a full disc encryption for the SDCard (exclusiv /boot) [and later the HDD] following this HOWTO:
    [HowTo] OMV 4.x LUKS Full Disk Encryption, unlock via SSH

The HOWTO suggests to boot a live Image from USB, but the Odroid HC1 isn't able to do so.

So i figured to use another SDCARD, put a fresh OMV Installation onto ist and use this one as "Live system". :whistling:

But when i insert the "to be encrypted SDCard" (within an USB-SDCard reader) into the USB Port, a couple of
    (auto-)mounts show up: (with sdb beeing the "to be encrypted SDCard" )

>root@odroid:~# mount | grep sdb
    >/dev/sdb2 on / type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/log type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/log)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/tmp type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/tmp)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/lib/openmediavault/rrd type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/lib/openmediavault/rrd)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/spool type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/spool)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/lib/rrdcached type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/lib/rrdcached)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/lib/monit type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/lib/monit)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/lib/php type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/lib/php)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/lib/netatalk/CNID type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/lib/netatalk/CNID)
    >/dev/sdb2 on /var/folder2ram/var/cache/samba type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,commit=600,subvolid=5,subvol=/var/cache/samba)

Especially the: /dev/sdb2 on / makes me think that some systemrelevant changes happend auomagically. ?(
    :!: The USB-SDCard became the root-filesystem :!: Seems to be some some Feature that i just don't need.

Can somebody please tell me how to turn this automount (of the USB device as / and all the others) off!

• Hello !

After 44 views and no comment it was digging even deeper into this mysterious changing of the root path : /

Finally i figured it out. This was no special feature at all: The Problem was, that Both OMV SDCard-Installations (they were just clones) hat the exact UUID.
    And the fstab is filled with UUID values:

UUID=d0da7bbe-e3af-4588-8715-aa5c4478eb88 / btrfs defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,compress=lzo 0 1
    UUID=5bab0a55-56f1-4443-8cac-297e1181425c /boot ext4 defaults,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 2

So i just did this to the "Live SDCard" at my PC to solve the problem:

for /boot [ext4]
    tune2fs -U random /dev/sd?1

for / [BTRFS]
    sudo btrfs check /dev/sd?2
    sudo btrfstune -u /dev/sd?2

You have to check which device is it at your sytem. eg with gparted and change the ? to the correct value. Double check or you could mess up your PC system.

After that i just put the new UUIDs into the /etc/fstabv of the "Live SDCard" !

[ EDIT ]

After a while of testing i ran into a new issue. I can't boot the "Live SDCard" after changing the UUID of the system and setting up the /etc/fstab :(
    (ATM i figure that this is somehow related to btrfs-stuff or initramfs-stuff ..... )

So my original Problem is solved , i got diffrent UUIDs on each SDCard, and the system doesn't get into trouble.
    But I still can't boot a "Live SDCard" to manipulate the "to be encrypted SDCard" via chroot ....

I'll keep this thread updated, when i got this problem solved .
    Any hint would be nice !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!