Suggestion : plugin to add links.

• Hi,

Installed the sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard script today and was wondering if it was possible to provide something that makes creating a button that opens a given url to the next tab.
    I think his little feature would make much difference when adding stuff (webmin, mailservers webpage, links to modem and router,..) and turning the webgui into the homelans portal!

Possible to : create, edit, remove buttons.
    create/edit : button name, url, icon
    general config : icon map?

If I only knew how :oops:

Edit by Solo0815:
    There is a plugin: Install openmediavault-links

• Done, the attached .js in codebox is tested!!! The file is edited from Volker's support file in web-gui. All you need to do is edit http sites you want in the file.

This file, Links.js, can be adjusted to do what you want:

I am assuming you want the icon for the links to be in the services folder on the web-gui. Make a links folder at this location:

/var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service

I will edit file above and you just need to adjust the links and add an icon to the /var/www/openmediavault/images folder. Name the edited file Links.js and put in this location:

/var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/links

You can then edit/add, or whatever, the http sites in the file. It should be obvious what you need to do.
    Then:

Code
    cd /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service
    chown 775 openmediavault:openmediavault links
    cd /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/links
    chmod 664 Links.js

Here is a link for some good icons:
    http://icomoon.io/#icons
    You want to download the free version, GPLv3. On the link to that website you can preview the icons. Then download the Icon Pack and only extract the one you want to use. Rename the png and svg files to links.png and links.svg respectively and put in the images folder. Path where you put file is:
    /var/www/openmediavault/images
    Then:

Code
    cd /var/www/openmediavault/images
    chown openmediavault:openmediavault links.png
    chown openmediavault:openmediavault links.svg
    chmod 664 links.png
    chmod 664 links.svg
  • I think this is what you wanted. Many programs have their own web-gui outside of the OMV web-gui. This would give you easy place in OMV with links to the other program's web-gui.

On this example see the 2nd link. I put in PlexMediaServer. Note the typo on the first link by Volker. Homepage!!! :shock:
    These are clickable links that will make it a little nicer accessing a web-gui that is external to OMV's web-gui.

PS- I think it is a good idea for a plugin to add links. But this is currently not a priority. Plugins are hard to make and this will have to suffice for now. But now you know how. You can do it!!! :D:D

• Zitat

These are clickable links that will make it a little nicer accessing a web-gui that is external to OMV's web-gui.

YES! Now all the webui's are easy accesible! Thanks a lot, will implement this asap when we get home.
    1000x thx!

• Tested current Link.js file above and you should be able to edit it and add links with the same format. Scroll function will become active when enough links are added to fill panel. I'm liking this already. I've only found 1 issue with router. Some people will get cross site error (this is only small issue if you try to add a link for your router). Everything else is fine.

• Where is the newest source code for the latest preview picture? Or do you already have a deb file ready?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I changed some things from the first file. I think I will talk to Ryeco. I've been thinking about more deeper stuff but maybe we can get something out quick. Then improve on it. I haven't put out the newer files because of changes and maybe more changes, or a plugin. Also, I wanted to see if more people are interested. If you are speak up. Mocking these things up for personal use is ez. But putting into a real plugin takes some time, and work.

• Ryeco, I like the layout I have with the 3 panels. What I am thinking now it would be nice to have add, edit and delete on top toolbar for each panel. You could select a site to edit or delete. The add button would bring up a form/window to add an item. You only need 2 fields (Site name and site address). A move up (the list) and move down button would be nice too. Just some thoughts.

I was just thinking the firewall rules might have code that would be helpful in this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I finished the plugin before I saw your last post. Not quite what you were looking for but there is a Groups field that will allow sorting. Give it a try here. The web interface should be easy to change without affecting the database.

Bilder

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is in the repo now :) Install the omv-extras plugin and it will show up in the plugins list.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. That is way more than a link :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!