delete account

• Offizieller Beitrag

One of your "moderators" thought it would be a wise idea to delete my warnings regarding the 'shitty guide':

It wasn't deleted. It was moved to a new thread which is what we do with posts on guide threads (and the delete account thread - which is why I moved this post as well). Try searching before you falsely accuse someone...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

We will miss you, tkaiser. I'm very sorry to see you leave! You have given a lot to OMV! Thank you for your contribution!

I have helped on another forum. There, whenever someone start talking about considering or threaten to leave and especially when the member start talking about deleting old posts or even actually deletes them, the account is deleted at once. No questions asked. As soon as possible. And all the posts made by that member left intact on the forum. Protected from deletion.

This avoids a lot of unnecessary drawn out drama.

If this was wrong to terminate the account, it is easy to register a new account. No real harm done. And suitable apologies can be made.

And the world carries on...

• We will miss you, tkaiser. I'm very sorry to see you leave! You have given a lot to OMV! Thank you for your contribution!

In the first place, it was necessary to avoid the emergence of such a situation. Because personally I think that @tkaiser departure negatively affects arm / omv!
    But probably not many people are interested in this situation ... Some wake up when it's too late.

imho it would be good if @tkaiser stayed, and all this conflict could somehow be resolved in the end by @votdev

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the first place, it was necessary to avoid the emergence of such a situation. Because personally I think that @tkaiser departure negatively affects arm / omv!But probably not many people are interested in this situation ... Some wake up when it's too late.

imho it would be good if @tkaiser stayed, and all this conflict could somehow be resolved in the end by @votdev

tkaiser is a leaven of intellect, there's just no doubting that at all. He's obviously made tremendous contributions, especially when it comes to SBC's. However when someone thinks "one part is bigger than the whole"... they have to be put in check. Unfortunately, he has a very abrasive personality (some might even just flat out call him a dick) that is extremely off-putting

People like him, it's never enough (and honestly if you search the issues he's had on other forums... it never is). They know they are smart and they understand their contributions, If he wants to take his toys and go elsewhere, that's his business. This time it was "crashtest or I'm leaving". If admin had acquiesced his demands on crashtest, no doubt in a few months it would have been someone else. Like him or hate him, it's just how he is.

IMO, @votdev was 100% correct in not intervening. Sometimes, you have to cut off a toe to save the foot.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

• tkaiser is a leaven of intellect, there's just no doubting that at all. He's obviously made tremendous contributions, especially when it comes to SBC's. However when someone thinks "one part is bigger than the whole"... they have to be put in check. Unfortunately, he has a very abrasive personality (some might even just flat out call him a dick) that is extremely off-putting
    People like him, it's never enough (and honestly if you search the issues he's had on other forums... it never is). They know they are smart and they understand their contributions, If he wants to take his toys and go elsewhere, that's his business. This time it was "crashtest or I'm leaving". If admin had acquiesced his demands on crashtest, no doubt in a few months it would have been someone else. Like him or hate him, it's just how he is.

IMO, @votdev was 100% correct in not intervening. Sometimes, you have to cut off a toe to save the foot.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Different people have different characters. He has this character and not another. Rather, he will not change it at this stage of his life.
    I understand both points of view. It is not the first time in my life that I meet this type of person with such a character. For me personally it's nothing new and I can adapt to such a situation.
    In another post, I already wrote about Linus Torvalds and how he communicates with people. Certain people in the IT world who have a level of knowledge above a certain level have quite demanding characters. This does not mean that they are deliberately "dick".

@votdev probably also has its own character because probably otherwise it would not be omv only he would still be a part of the old project...

This is not about fulfilling the demands of this person or another person. Or blind adopting certain behaviors. Adult people should be able to work out a compromise!
    Pretending that there is no problem does not contribute to anything good. Both sides should count to ten and work out a compromise for the good of the community.

• I disagree almost completely

I do agree adults could work this out. The problem is one person is acting like a petulant child and will "take his ball and go" if his demands aren't meant.

You can't reason with people like that.

Well ... We agree that we disagree.

You would have to look at the very beginning of this matter as well as the whole. Because the fact "I take toys and go" is just the end of the case.

What really led to this behavior? The case is probably more complicated than just he behaves like a "dick". His behavior in the context of "I take toys" I understand. Such a final dot on "i" on his part. I understand his behavior and thinking, but I also understand the point of view of people who disagree with him. Somehow I have no problem seeing the full picture ...

In many cases, however, he was right in this whole confrontation with the user who changed the nickname. Perhaps the way was not nice but it does not mean that he was never right. Of course he could do things differently and keep better in some places. But is this a competition for popularity or more IT?
    The fault in this whole matter is not just on one side. And the matter could have been eased long ago, so that such a radical situation would not happen.
    Different types have different characters. Do not try to match all of them to one specific mold.
    Could not this problem be solved in any civilized way on both sides if only the @votdev became more interested in the situation? It seems to me that despite the rough character it would be possible to work out a solution at the beginning. But the infection was not treated right away and this just led to such a situation unfortunately.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What really led to this behavior?

I'm sure someone could put together a complete list, bit it would be pointless.

In many cases, however, he was right in this whole confrontation with the user who changed the nickname.

No he was not! and that comes in the first post here "shitty guide" :?: in his opinion, but the guide clearly states NEW USER GUIDE nothing about intermediate or advanced.

You want to read something read this and that is tame.

• In many cases, however, he was right in this whole confrontation with the user who changed the nickname.

I disagree too. It´s not what you say, but how you say it.

But guys calm down. Please no further communication disaster.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I'm sure someone could put together a complete list, bit it would be pointless.

I will not agree. Rather, it's important when someone accuses you of being so guilty.

No he was not! and that comes in the first post here "shitty guide" in his opinion, but the guide clearly states NEW USER GUIDE nothing about intermediate or advanced.

You want to read something read this and that is tame.

So you claim that @tkaiser with all his knowledge, was never right when he corrected your friend?
    Interesting...

• Offizieller Beitrag

was never right when he corrected your friend?
    Interesting...

The point I'm trying to make is that @tkaiser is always right in his opinion, no one else's opinion or ways of doing things counts.

I have been asked to put together a troubleshooting guide for Raid, I have made a start at present it's now sitting on a back burner, why? simply because I do not have the patience to deal with someone as @crashtest has had to deal with in relation to his guide and any other assistance he has given to users.

• I disagree too. It´s not what you say, but how you say it.

You do not agree. Everyone does not agree. So many of you think that @tkaiser is such....
    But somehow no one gives particulars when I ask about them. Only loose opinions without any details.

Fine. never mind. He's leaving here anyway. Now probably there will be a much nicer place according to some people. And the technical level will probably increase. And the contribution to omv / arm will be as big as ever.

Typically, the fault in such situations is not 100% on one side only. But if you disagree, maybe I do not know about everything ... now probably there will be a better place here without @tkaiser judging by some statements :/

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will not agree. Rather, it's important when someone accuses you of being so guilty.

So you claim that @tkaiser with all his knowledge, was never right when he corrected your friend?Interesting...

The problem is, he has a long history of this behavior on forums. It's no secret, the threads have been linked here many times. If it's not crashtest, it's someone else.

To anyone willing to overlook is intellect, this makes it painfully obvious who the problem was. I don't think crashtest was completely innocent, even he admits he goaded him a bit recently, but only due to his constant attacks virtually anywhere he posted.

• The point I'm trying to make is that @tkaiser is always right in his opinion, no one else's opinion or ways of doing things counts.

I have been asked to put together a troubleshooting guide for Raid, I have made a start at present it's now sitting on a back burner, why? simply because I do not have the patience to deal with someone as @crashtest has had to deal with in relation to his guide and any other assistance he has given to users.

Hmmm I do not know him to be able to put forward such theses. But if you say so... I have doubts whether it really is 100%.

Certainly, character and ego play a big role in the way people communicate and approach people, but ... I'm talking more about technical queries here. That someone would show this untrue statement directed by @tkaiser to others.
    If you claim he was never right ... it would mean that his knowledge is extremely low which again somehow contradicts the facts.
    I can understand a harsh approach but does it mean that he has never been right?
    I have the impression that some judge him through the prism of personal I like / dislike, and not the actual state of technical right / not right.

• The problem is, he has a long history of this behavior on forums. It's no secret, the threads have been linked here many times. If it's not crashtest, it's someone else.

To anyone willing to overlook is intellect, this makes it painfully obvious who the problem was. I don't think crashtest was completely innocent, even he admits he goaded him a bit recently, but only due to his constant attacks virtually anywhere he posted.

I do not know. I have never been part of this conflict, I do not know the case so deeply ....
    Logically, I think that it was possible to try to solve the situation in a different way. But apparently for many the solution to the problem at the end of the day is his departure. Problem solved .... there will be no more conflict.

It is unfortunate that adult people can not work out a compromise and coexist in their presence.
    Sad!!!

• I can understand a harsh approach but does it mean that he has never been right?

For me, that´s not the point. He was certainly often right as for the technical question. But it was the way he thaught it. That is not an appropriate behavior of a moderator.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not know. I have never been part of this conflict, I do not know the case so deeply ....Logically, I think that it was possible to try to solve the situation in a different way. But apparently for many the solution to the problem at the end of the day is his departure. Problem solved .... there will be no more conflict.

It is unfortunate that adult people can not work out a compromise and coexist in their presence.
    Sad!!!

Again, if you're willing to look, the links have been posted by multiple people on this forum. There are links to armbian forums, etc.. This didn't just happen here on OMV. This is something he does everywhere he goes.

If you think I'm happy he is gone, you are wrong. I think this is a big loss for the community as a whole, nor do I think there will be "no more conflict". He set this path in motion a couple of weeks ago when he basically threatened votdev and ryecoaaron with removing the links to his images if crashtest was not dealt with, and gave them a deadline for doing so. He literally thought he was the most important thing in the project... now he knows otherwise and has chosen to leave.

You really think this is someone acting like an adult that you can hope to convince to work out a compromise and coexist, would act in this manner?

• For me, that´s not the point. He was certainly often right as for the technical question. But it was the way he thaught it. That is not an appropriate behavior of a moderator.

So you judge someone by the way he behaves and do not take into account the technical reasons. Only is it actually a fully adequate evaluation model? People are hypersensitive now. They do not often understand the other side. In the IT world such behaviors are not unusual.
    Personally, I worked with very difficult characters with a big ego, but at the end of the day technical efficiency counts, and not whether I like someone for what a nice person is.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Closing this thread for the same reason I closed the other one - it is going nowhere and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!