OMV Setup Fails when I select Disks

• This is a brand new installation I was following Techno Dads install video on youtube I am at minute 9:05 Where I am supposed to access the Storage> Disks area however OMV gives me an error that there is a communication failure and then boots me out to the login screen. It does not allow me to login with my credentials. Hard Reboot and I can get in again. The disks I am using are 2 brand new 4TB reds and a single 500GB SATA. Can anyone tell me what I need to do here. Are there logs some where that I can see what is going on in more detail? Currently I am doing a full wipe on both of the 4TB drives but that is taking forever. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Currently I am doing a full wipe on both of the 4TB drives but that is taking forever.

Short wipe is sufficient, the you will need to format each drive, so when the wipe has finished got to Storage -> File Systems click Create on the toolbar, select one drive at a time then select the file system so use (EXT4) click ok and the drive will format, again this will take time.
    Basically what you are doing is preparing the drives to work on OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since this is a new installation, Did you change the auto log out under General Settings? If it's set to default (5min) it's possible it's logging you out before the job finishes (but the job is still running in the background), and that is causing some sort of issue. As geaves said, the quick wipe is fine on new drives. Then add the file system, etc.

If you've not done so already, you can adjust the auto log out and make it longer, or disable it altogether. Personally, I usually disable it during setup so it's not constantly timing me out while creating shares, file systems, etc.. Then once everything is up and running to my satisfaction, I set it to 15min, which seems to be a good number for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!