How best to replace underlying storage array?

• I currently have my storage configured on an HP P410 RAID card and 7 2TB drives are configured as a single RAID6 volume and presented to OMV.

I'm looking to replace this with 4 10TB disks also in a RAID6 configuration (to double my current storage), so that I can add additional drives in the future as required and expand the volume as required.

I understand that I can use something like Clonezilla to clone the existing storage data to the new volume, but my question is to how I go about integrating that in to OMV without having to tear down and re-do all my config.

I can see from the GUI that the current volume shows as /dev/sda , but is a new volume with a different blkid going to present as a different mapping i.e. /dev/sdb?

I can't see anything regarding the blkid of the storage volume in /etc/fstab, so what's the best way to removing the existing volume and insert the new volume without messing up the current config?

Thanks.

• Please ignore, I've done some reading and investigation and it looks like config.xml references the volume label;

<fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/storage</fsname>
    <dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-storage</dir>

This is also seen in fstab.

I assume that once I've cloned/copied the existing data to the new volume, I can change the volume label of the current storage volume to something else, rename the new volume to the old label and reboot.

• I just edited the 'Shared Folders' section in the web interface, and clicked 'Edit' for each then switched Devices. It give a dialogue each time saying 'You gotta copy the data yourself'
    For replicating data I used
    nohup rsync -av /place/from /place/to 2>& rsync.log &

but maybe that's what clonezilla is using.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!