OMV Install/First boot issues

• I'm new to OMV but have some experience with getting new systems running. I bought some hardware for a planned NAS/HTPC and downloaded OMV 4.1.22 image. Verified the md5 and flashed it onto a generic 2gb USB with Etcher, after using CapacityTester to make sure the drive was clean. The system posts fine and I arrive at the boot menu with no issues. But when I select the first option (Install), I get a graphical error that takes up the entire screen. I can still scroll through the menus, but I can't make out any of the options. I booted Ubuntu 18.04 with no issues so it's not a hardware problem as far as I'm aware.

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
    Mo'bo: ASRock A320M-ITX
    Memory: GSkill DDR4-2666 2x4GB
    System Drive: Intel M.2 120GB SSD

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

• try option 2 ( non graphical) or do install on other machine and then put back the boot disk on your NAS.

boot disk is not hardware dependant so you can install on one machine and later boot other machine.

• try option 2 ( non graphical) or do install on other machine and then put back the boot disk on your NAS.

boot disk is not hardware dependant so you can install on one machine and later boot other machine.

Ok, sorted out the graphical error, I was installing from the wrong partition on the USB. I ran the installer and it worked without issues, but now I get the following messages on reboot:

[0.923340] AMD-Vi: Unable to write to IOMMU perf counter.
    /dev/sda2: recovering journal
    /dev/sda2: clean, xxxxx/xxxxxxxxx files, xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx blocks
    [4.124833] sp5100-tco sp5100-tco: Watchdog hardware is disabled

and then it hangs.

This thread got a similar message on boot, but I got no results from putting pci=realloc=off in GRUB. Looks like this RedHat thread may be related as all are reporting a similar issue on AMD CPUs. Not sure where to proceed from here.

• i had the same error as you of "Watchdog hardware is disabled" and also having an error of "kvm disabled by bios"

to solve the "Watchdog hardware is disabled" error:

1. when in the boot menu (grub loader), I pressed e to get to the boot options.
    2. then I scrolled until I found the word "quiet" (should be in the lines at the bottom) and changed it to "nomodeset" (without quotation marks).
    3. then press f10 to boot and you should go through without any error. i think it has something to do with the amd gpu, as i also have the Ryzen 3 2200G.

also if you are getting any messages like "kvm disabled by bios" then that has to do with the cpu virtualisation and it being enabled. i had to go to my asus bios and under "advanced cpu" the option was there and i had to enable it from there.

once i got these 2 errors out the way then it started working.

i hope i helped

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!