Absolute Beginner - need to remove failed Plex installation

• OMV 4.x
    • chas1745 wrote:

1) " I assume that any folders that will be accessed by Docker have the correct permissions. Finally, I assume you'll forward any necessary ports in your router. " I need to do this - how, in easy steps?
      You don't have to do anything with the ports on your router (unless you want to access from outside). Don't do anything on the router now.

chas1745 wrote:

2) I've created the User " specifically for Docker. " - What rights do I need to give - given question 1 above?
      If you created the user "specifically for docker" in the GUI of OMV he already member of the users group. That should be enough. We will confirm later.

chas1745 wrote:

3) " SSH into your OMV system and run the command: " I'm not at all sure how to do this - but I tried logging in to OMV with my server IP addresss/shellinabox and got a login prompt - whatever user I tried to enter I just got the password prompt repeating - and I know it was the correct password each time. I need this step to find the UID and GID. How exactly do you "SSH in"
      Did you use the user "root"? That should work for SSH. Please write if you used root and it did not work.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • Re:3 I tried root - no access.

i removed shellinabox - been told it is not working and about to become obsolete.

The I tried to install PuTTy on my pc. Logged in from the command prompt and Yes - I have access as root user - all other users "access denied".

So one step forward at least??

Glad you are around - really appreciate your support.

best
    • chas1745 wrote:

So one step forward at least??
      Yes. Now you have access using ssh. Other users can only use ssh, if they are in the ssh group.

In the PuTTy session you can find out the IDs of the docker user. Just type
      id <user> replace <user> by the name of the user you specifically created for docker
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • BTW you can copy the text from Putty. For this you have to select the text with the cursor. You don't have to press a button to copy.
      When you have moved with the cursor in another application (this forum for example) you can press Ctrl-V and the text is being inserted.
    • I now have the UID and GID for the <dockerperson> id I created.

I thought I had created a group for SSH and added the other users - obviously another thing I got wrong!

I'll now go back to the thread you gave earlier and try another step or two - no doubt other obstacles will present themselves but I'll keep plodding on.

How do I give a 'Like' for your postings?

best
    • chas1745 wrote:

I'll now go back to the thread you gave earlier and try another step or two - no doubt other obstacles will present themselves but I'll keep plodding on.
      I'll be probably around for the next hours. Will help if I can.

chas1745 wrote:

How do I give a 'Like' for your postings?
      Your welcome!!!
    • One topic we need to figure out is where to put docker and the database for plex. How big is your drive you are using for OMV. Not the data drive, but the drive with operating system.

If you don't know, do this command in putty and copy the result here in the forum
      df -h this will show how much space is used and how much space is available on each file system
    • Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
      udev 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
      tmpfs 781M 8.8M 772M 2% /run
      /dev/sdc1 212G 3.1G 198G 2% /
      tmpfs 3.9G 8.0K 3.9G 1% /dev/shm
      tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
      tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
      tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /tmp
      /dev/sda1 3.6T 135G 3.5T 4% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1
      /dev/sdb1 3.6T 89M 3.6T 1% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data2
      folder2ram 3.9G 19M 3.8G 1% /var/log
      folder2ram 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /var/tmp
      folder2ram 3.9G 556K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd
      folder2ram 3.9G 20K 3.9G 1% /var/spool
      folder2ram 3.9G 9.8M 3.9G 1% /var/lib/rrdcached
      folder2ram 3.9G 12K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/monit
      folder2ram 3.9G 4.0K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/php
      folder2ram 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /var/lib/netatalk/CNID
      folder2ram 3.9G 420K 3.9G 1% /var/cache/samba
      root@openmediavault:~# Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
      -bash: Filesystem: command not found
      root@openmediavault:~# udev 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
      -bash: udev: command not found
      root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 781M 8.8M 772M 2% /run
      -bash: tmpfs: command not found
      root@openmediavault:~# /dev/sdc1 212G 3.1G 198G 2% /
      -bash: /dev/sdc1: Permission denied
      root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 3.9G 8.0K 3.9G 1% /dev/shm
      root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
      root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
      root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /tmp
      root@openmediavault:~# /dev/sda1 3.6T 135G 3.5T 4% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1
      -bash: /dev/sda1: Permission denied
      root@openmediavault:~# /dev/sdb1 3.6T 89M 3.6T 1% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data2
      -bash: /dev/sdb1: Permission denied
      root@openmediavault:~# folder2ram 3.9G 19M 3.8G 1% /var/log

Trust this is correct - I'm using an SSD drive for the OS - If memory serves me well - it was a 240Gb SSD.

Already got a problem with the next step in the thread- cd home says no such directory exists?

root@openmediavault:~# cd home
      -bash: cd: home: No such file or directory
    • chas1745 wrote:

/dev/sdc1 212G 3.1G 198G 2% /
      This is your drive with the operating system. Plenty of space. So we can put docker here.

chas1745 wrote:

root@openmediavault:~# cd home
      cd /home add a slash in front home
    • chas1745 wrote:

I know I hadn't added all of the 'containers'
      What do you mean with all of the containers? All from the thread?
      No, if you only want to use Plex you just need this one.

chas1745 wrote:

Does this look like I'm getting somewhere?
      Have you tried to open Plex?
      Put this in the browser
      http://ip.of.your.nas:32400/web/index.html
    • Latest post has to be approved by a moderator. I was too fast with editing...

Have you tried to open Plex?
      Put this in the browser
      http://ip.of.your.nas:32400/web/index.html
    • Maybe you can make screenshots of the settings of the container.

To do so
      • highlight the container
      • click "Modify"
      • a warning comes up, click "ok"
      • make the screenshots
      • click "cancel"
      You can also have a look at the log file of the container
      • highlight the container
      • click "Logs"

The post was edited 1 time, last by macom ().

• chas1745 wrote:

I know I hadn't added all of the 'containers'

What do you mean with all of the containers? All from the thread?
      No, if you only want to use Plex you just need this one.

(repeated this post as the original post is still in the moderation queue)
    • Apologies - slow in getting back to you - family commitments!

Ran Plex and seems to be working.

When I said containers what I should have said is I haven't as yet set up all of the folders for Photos / Videos etc etc I need to get back into the same place as that where I listed the PUID, GID, etc and add them there.

Thanks to you I've got something working - albeit I don't really understand what or how.

Not sure about security - get a message saying not a secure connection?

In any event have to pack it in for tonight to keep the peace.

Once again my gratitude for your skill and support

best