Problems with installing OpenVPN - Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812?

• Hello there

I've been trying to install OpenVPN for a while, but nothing's been working. Basically, I installed the OpenVPN plugin and I was going to set up the gateway interface, but it loads and nothing happens.

I made a post over on the subreddit, but i got nothing that really helped me. The only real lead I have here is an error that pops up when I download most plugins. Here's the output.

My current theory is that there's something going wrong with the way OMV handles installs/uninstalls and it resulted in a corrupted install of this plugin. I haven't done extensive testing of other plugins but it seems like there's a somewhat similar problem with the Apt Tools plugin.

Here's things I've tried:

1. A couple different web browsers

I wanted to see if there was just a problem with rendering the GUI for some reason. There was no difference.

2. Clear local upload package repository

I wasn't sure if this would fix issues with installing things, but I thought it was worth a shot. issue persisted.

3. Clean Apt

Same thing as 2.

4. Clear web control panel cache

I thought that this could've been an issue with the web gui itself. There was no change.

Anyway, that's about all I've thought to try. Like I said, my hunch is that there's a general problem with installing plugins on my install for some reason. I'm not positive, but Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 is the only lead I really have. It could be a red herring.

Any help is appreciated, I've been working on this for a long while. I'm sort of at a loss.

• also check out

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    and https://hub.docker.com/r/dperson/openvpn-client/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!