My oDroid H2 NAS

• Hello guys. I recently switched from an oDroid XU4 (HC1 and HC2 did not exist when I ordered my XU4 a few years ago) to an oDroid H2. I am glad OMV4 is now UEFI bootable. I installed it from an USB stick onto an NVME (H2 has 2 full SATA ports and one M.2 port). I had no issue with installation, I am using OMV since OMV 2.3 probably and I already know how to use it. The only issue that I have is that OMV is not showing the temperature in the dashboard overview. I am pretty pleased with the overall performance, but compared to XU4 (that was booting the kernel from a microSD card and the root filesystem from an 2.5 inches SSD connected via USB) there is not such a big difference, I do not feel like it is so much faster, but I am sure that the hardware power will be sensed when actually using it with Plex, FTP and Samba. H2 should be a lot more future proof than XU4 would be, even though OMV with XU4 should probably be supported for at least a few years (both are running 4.19.x kernels anyway).

PS: I will upload photos as soon as possible. I am using H2 with a Type 1 case (using one 3.5 inches HDD for the moment) and a separate power button and it looks very, very cool (in a geeky way). The official cases from HardKernel are transparent and a real eye catcher.

Riddle me this, riddle me that
    Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
    I write on a blog (Romanian mostly)
    Testing (latest) OMV 6.x (HURRAY) on an Intel i5820K NAS (currently with proxmox kernel 6.2)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!