weird share path

• Hi,

i've a fresh install of 4.1.23-1 Akaris OMV
    a 4 disk existing mdadm raid (build in a v2OMV if i remember correctly), it work like a charm

but i don't understand something.
    my share won't work in afp or smb; so i dig a little and find that

Bash: grep -n dev-disk\|shared /etc/samba/smb.conf /etc/netatalk/afp.conf
    /etc/samba/smb.conf:36:path = /dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211//p
    /etc/samba/smb.conf:58:path = /dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211//tmp

/etc/netatalk/afp.conf:9:path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211/TimeMachine
    /etc/netatalk/afp.conf:22:path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211/p
    /etc/netatalk/afp.conf:35:path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211/tmp

if i run something like :
    sed-i 's@/srv/dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211/@/sharedfolders/@g' /etc/samba/smb.conf /etc/netatalk/afp.conf&& systemctl restart smbd.service netatalk.service

Both smb and afp share work ok.

So, is this normal omv create share with this weird path or i miss something ??
    Note; i dont show you any screenshot of omv interface but i've setup my share with it.

I hope you understand my question and my self learn english.
    Thanks anybody answer me :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for this answer.
    I understand and agree with that.

Can you give me an idea to troubleshoot why my share won't work without using /sharedfolders ?

I can't, because i've never seen that behaviour. You tell that replacing the mount paths with the /sharedfolders equivalent it works, then this makes it more strange because the dirs in /sharedfolders are symlinks to the original mount points.

• hum, i assume a raid create many years ago is not a problem..

I don't see difference between /sharedforlders/* and /srv/dev-disk-by-label-1.42.6-3211/*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!