Linux server/domoticz docker container setup

• Hello,

I'm trying to set up a domoticz docker container as the domoticz plugin won't work (OpenZwave USB not available).

While I set all the parameters right and change default port from 8080 to other options such as 8081, 8089, 8085, 1000 etc, when I try to reach Domotiz GUI,I get a 400 Bad Request.

What am I possibly doing wrong?

• I don't think you will get any meaningful help until you post the configuration you used.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• I don't think you will get any meaningful help until you post the configuration you used.

Thanks for your help.

I use the linuxserver image and even pulled the ''arm64v8-latest'' tag

I opted for port 8085 instead of 8080 as on 8080 runs my Unify Controller also in a Docker container

• Have you looked in the container log yet?

I would try setting the exposed port to be the same as the host port - 8085.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Have you looked in the container log yet?

I would try setting the exposed port to be the same as the host port - 8085.

Just changed host and exposed port to 8085 to no avail...
    What exactly should I look for in the logs?
    I can't see anything related to port assign.

Many thanks

• from CLI

ls -al /sharedfolders/AppData
    ls -al /sharedfolders/AppData/demoticz

will show you owner and group and the permissions they have

The outpu is as follows:

ls -al /sharedfolders/AppData
    total 16
    drwxrwsrwx 4 root users 4096 Aug 6 01:14 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Aug 4 14:47 ..
    drwxrwSr-- 5 gtj users 4096 Aug 7 10:59 Domoticz
    drwxrwsrwx 5 gtj users 4096 Aug 5 02:17 Unify

ls -al /sharedfolders/AppData/Domoticz
    total 428
    drwxrwSr-- 5 gtj users 4096 Aug 7 10:59 .
    drwxrwsrwx 4 root users 4096 Aug 6 01:14 ..
    -rwxrw-r-- 1 gtj users 136 Aug 7 05:00 domocookie.txt
    -rwxrw-r-- 1 gtj users 413696 Aug 6 02:19 domoticz.db
    drwxrwSr-- 2 gtj users 4096 Aug 6 02:18 keys
    drwxrwSr-- 2 gtj users 4096 Aug 6 02:18 plugins
    drwxrwSr-- 8 gtj users 4096 Aug 6 02:15 scripts

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If it does not work, try to use this docker-compose file

with this as a reference

Delete the container, the image and the folder demoticz before

• not sure if the sticky bit is a problem

try

chmod 774 -R /sharedfolders/AppData/demoticz

Which hardware are you using?

It didn't work.
    I'm running OMV on a RockPro64 with its NAS case.
    A Unify controller in a docker container runs already on port 8080 with no problems so I guess Docker should be working fine on my OMV instance?
    Interestingly, through my Windows PC the folder AppData>Domoticz is NOT accessible while the folder AppData>Unify is.

I will try the docker-compose option.
    Is that configuration going to create a folder itself or should I create a Domoticz folder manually prior to running the script?

Thanks for all your help once again!

try

It didn't work.
    A Unify controller in a docker container runs already on port 8080 with no problems so I guess Docker should be working fine on my OMV instance?
    Interestingly, through my Windows PC the folder AppData>Domoticz is NOT accessible while the folder AppData>Unify is.

Is that configuration going to create a folder itself or should I create a Domoticz folder manually prior to running the script?

UPDATE

just ried the docker-compose option.
    Followed instructions up to docker-compose up -d

but I'm getting the error:
    ERROR: Named volume "sharedfolder/AppData/domoticz:/config:rw" is used in service "domoticz" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes the folders are created by docker-compose.

ERROR: Named volume "sharedfolder/AppData/domoticz:/config:rw" is used in service "domoticz" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

Have you removed the demoticz share before running docker-compose?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just tried the docker-compose file on a test system. The docker is created and running, but I also can't access the web interface

Used another image
    https://hub.docker.com/r/cgatay/domoticz
    That is working

docker run -d -p 8080:8080 --name=domoticz -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/domoticz:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro cgatay/domoticz:master

But might not run on your RockPro64.

Maybe you should search and ask on the linuxserver.io forum.
    Or you try another image suitable for your RockPro64.

try

It didn't work.

UPDATE

I did remove the Domoticz folder, recreated it, deleted it, left the image to create it by itself - pretty much tried all options.

I will give the other image you suggested a go as soon as I get home.

Do I have to run its configuration in a one-line-command as you suggested or should I save a docker-compose.yml like the previous example?

Many thanks for all your help. It's been proven precious.
    At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong and the problem i with the image which is getting me nowhere!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I have to run its configuration in a one-line-command as you suggested or should I save a docker-compose.yml like the previous example?

The one liner is based on the information on hub.docker. Seems like there is not more to it. So the one liner should be the easiest way to set it up. You just have to adjust the path to the config folder.

And it might not work on the RockPro64

try

It didn't work.

UPDATE

I did remove the Domoticz folder, recreated it, deleted it, left the image to create it by itself - pretty much tried all options.

I will give the other image you suggested a go as soon as I get home.

Many thanks for all your help. It's been proven precious.
    At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong and the problem i with the image which is getting me nowhere!

Just to update with this: This solution did not work either.
    Fed up with all this BS. Thank you very much for your effort and tendency to help though. It is thoroughly appreciated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!