Share from system drive?

• Offizieller Beitrag

has anyone else done this?

Nope. It isn't possible without ugly hacks. Why would you want to?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have my persistent docker folders on the same drive.

Why aren't you using the data drives for this?

Would another approach me to possibly resize the system partition and move the persistent docker locations onto the new partition on the same drive?

People do that but the idea of OMV is that if the system drive fails, no data is lost.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why aren't you using the data drives for this?

People do that but the idea of OMV is that if the system drive fails, no data is lost.

When I ran my server with Ubuntu, I always partitioned off about 10gigs for the OS. I never lost data, but when I started using OMV.. I really loved the simplicity of my data and my OS being completely separated. I'd used FreeNas prior to Ubuntu, but I was one of those users who updated my system once every 2yrs whether I had to or not... then when I did, things broke big time (long story) and that was how I ended up on Ubuntu, then eventually here. I guess that was one of those things I didn't really realize how much I appreciated on FreeNas.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!