Network speed stuck at 100 Mbps insted of 1Gbps

• Hello, recently i get my OMV server working on a RockPro64, which is a singleboard computer. After I set it up i have found out that the network connection between computer and nas goes only to 100 Mbps and nothing higher, so I i went to OMV shell and found out that eth0 runs only on 100 Mbps and not on full gigabit, which should be supported as the board has one gigabit lan port. So far i don't know how to resolve this, spend so far hours on google looking for solution and nothing that helped.
    Version of OMV is 4.4.132-1075 Arrakis (I have tried sudo update and upgrade and they run without error just dont change version)
    Cables tested
    I have tried ethtool command withous succes, when selecting 1000 for speed with duplex full, is gives me link down and nothing more, with 100 for speed it goes link down and right after it link up. When i tried it for first time it went up for gigabit for a second but then shut down link immidiatly.

If enyone have some solution to this I would be glad, I would try to avoyd reinstall if possible, but if someone sais it is only option i go for it.

Thank you for consideration.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like a problem with your ethernet cable. Try a different one.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sounds like a problem with your ethernet cable. Try a different one.

I have tried one cable which certainly works for faster connection (tested on internet speed) and that one also only works at 100 mbps for OMV. Thats why its weird and why i am pretty cornered.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have tried one cable which certainly works for faster connection (tested on internet speed) and that one also only works at 100 mbps for OMV. Thats why its weird and why i am pretty cornered.

What kind of switch is it plugged in to? I have a rockpro64 and haven't had these issues.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It is plugged into dlink router 1750 ac, which has four gigabite ports, two which are occupied, one is to pc, one is a forward from isp (between this router and isp is a gigabit switch and firewall) but those should not have effect on the transfer between pc and nas as only router is in between. Weird is that when i first tested the OMV with is it worked great with ssd and everything and now when is just set it up on home network it is throttled.

What kind of switch is it plugged in to? I have a rockpro64 and haven't had these issues.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Atreides () aus folgendem Grund: The router is: https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-AC1750-Gigabit-Wi-Fi-Router/dp/B00PVCZI40?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00PVCZI40 The switch is: https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Unmanaged-Metal-Desktop-Switch/dp/B007DHWPR4?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B007DHWPR4 And "firewall" is Bitdefender Box 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plug in some other computer using the exact same cable and switch port and see what speeds you get.

Alternatively, locate a computer in your network that is connected with GbE and actually working in GbE mode. Then use that exact cable and switch port with your NAS and see what happens.

• Plug in some other computer using the exact same cable and switch port and see what speeds you get.

Alternatively, locate a computer in your network that is connected with GbE and actually working in GbE mode. Then use that exact cable and switch port with your NAS and see what happens.

I am not sure if i get it right, so i should use other computer on network and try to use it to access the OMV NAS (in that there might be slight issue other computer just cannot see the NAS, network sharing is enabled in windows), if thats the case than this isn't the issue, as my desktop works in GbE mode even tested with pci-e lan card. I will probably try to upgrade the software kernel in worst case, and see if that works.

• I am not sure if i get it right

No.

Adoby is trying to find out what is wrong.

At the moment you have this configuration:

desktop PC <--------------> Switch (working at 1GbE)
    Rockpro <--------------> Switch (working at 100Mbps)

So please unplug your desktop PC and plug in your Rockpro into that exact same cable. Check again if it just works at 100Mbps or at 1GbE.

• Were you able to determine a resolution? I'm running a BIOSTAR A880GU3+ with a Realtek RTL8111DL - 10/100/1000 Controller, TP Link Archer C5400 router. As can be seen, main computer (LAN 1) connects at 1000Mbps full duplex. My OMV box was connecting at 100Mbps; however, after trying different things with the configurations, it is now stuck on 10Mbps and doesn't even register on the router other than 'connected'. I'm unable to figure out how to at least get it back to 100Mbps, much less 1000Mbps.

Like you I've tried ethtool and can get the speed to show changed, but it drops the link and reverts to previous setting upon rebooting.

Any advice would been greatly appreciated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!