Device is n/a in shared folder

• Hi,

After update all Shared Folders on my ZFS array shows device=n/a.

If I try to edit the shared folder I get: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='e3da46f5-f3d0-41c0-856b-d15fd355b8e8']'.
    See attached screen dump.

What could be the problem? How to resolve?

I do not experience any problems with my NFS shares. But the SMB/CIFS share is not working.

BR,
    -Martin

• Also. I get the following error message for each of the shares.

martin@openmediavault:~$ systemctl status sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount
    ● sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount - Mount shared folder ArrayShare to /sharedfolders/ArrayShare
      Loaded: error (Reason: Bad message)
      Active: inactive (dead)
      Where: /sharedfolders/ArrayShare
    martin@openmediavault:~$ sudo journalctl -u sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount
    -- Logs begin at Fri 2019-08-09 08:28:25 CEST, end at Fri 2019-08-09 08:46:40 CEST. --
    Aug 09 08:28:29 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount is not loaded properly: Bad message.
    Aug 09 08:28:29 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount is not loaded properly: Bad message.
    Aug 09 08:34:02 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount is not loaded properly: Bad message.
    Aug 09 08:39:00 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount is not loaded properly: Bad message.
    Aug 09 08:44:25 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: What= setting is missing. Refusing.
    Aug 09 08:44:25 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount is not loaded properly: Bad message.
    Aug 09 08:44:25 openmediavault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit sharedfolders-ArrayShare.mount is not loaded properly: Bad message.
    martin@openmediavault:~$ 

• I got this in the past too, after exporting my ZFS pool by the WebUI for some reason. After importing the pool I got also n/a when I tried to edit shared folders. I had to recreate my shares completely.
    I don´t know if this was fixed in OMV4 meanwhile - and if this is the reason for your problem.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• In config.xml sharedfolder section the uuid for <mntentref> is wrong. Shall be same as uuid for <mntent> in the fstab section.

<mntent>
      <uuid>c4431442-91bd-4d6b-8e90-8a67a76d9209</uuid>
      <fsname>diskarray</fsname>
      <dir>/diskarray</dir>
      <type>zfs</type>
      <opts>rw,relatime,xattr,noacl</opts>
      <freq>0</freq>
      <passno>0</passno>
      <hidden>1</hidden>
      </mntent>
    <sharedfolder>
      <uuid>ecce0323-afa5-40bd-b56d-f00fde698798</uuid>
      <name>openmediavault</name>
      <comment>Main NAS share</comment>
      <mntentref>e3da46f5-f3d0-41c0-856b-d15fd355b8e8</mntentref>
      <reldirpath>openmediavault/</reldirpath>
      <privileges>
      <privilege>
      <type>user</type>
      <name>martin</name>
      <perms>7</perms>
      </privilege>
      </privileges>
      </sharedfolder>

Can I fix it by just updating config.xml and restart?

Will the /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-XXXX.mount be re-generated?

BR,
    -Martin

• I got it working by updating config.xml and restart.

Perfect! Could you please post how you have updated the config.xml for others who may have similar problems in the future? Thanks a lot.

Changes of config.xml are potentially dangerous because this is the configuration database of Openmediavault. Therefore it is always good to know which changes are possible.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• @Simmarn It would be very nice if you still record the solution of your problem here :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• I realize I am necroing this thread, but this is the very first Google result for this issue, so I thought I should post the solution I ended up using here.

The n/a means that your config is pointing the shared folders towards a filesystem that currently isn't available. Unless you want to re-create all of your shares, you can do this:

You want to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Assuming you're using nano, you can use CTRL+W to search for "<fstab>".

<fstab> contains entries of <mntent>, which again contain <uuid>. Search for the filesystem you want your shared folder to be on (by either <mountpoint> or <fsname>) and copy the <uuid> of that mntent.

After that, search for "<shares>". You should see a list of <sharedfolder>. Search the shared folders that have a n/a device and replace the UUID in their <mntentref> with the one you copied before.

Make sure you've done it right, save and restart your device.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!