Omv Looses its data in /sharedfolders/ have to delete them and add them again

• so when i reboots my OMV it looses the data in /sharedfolders/ so i have to go into "Shared Folders" and delete them and then add them again with the same name, then i have the data back

i run my HDDs with UnionFS and the only other plugin i run is Docker, i think that it have something to do with UnionFS as my friend have pretty much same setup and he have the exact same problem as me:-S

info: i have current
    /sharedfolders/data/*
    /sharedfolderd/movies/*

but when it looses data the directory is still there but there is no files in those directories (sharedfolders/data/* and/sharedfolders/movies/*) in those directories.. i dunno how else to explain it

• It sounds like the UnionFS mount is failing at boot time. Are any of these HDDs USB devices?

Post the contents of /etc/fstab

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i run my HDDs with UnionFS and the only other plugin i run is Docker, i think that it have something to do with UnionFS as my friend have pretty much same setup and he have the exact same problem as me:-S

You need to point docker -> outside, to the absolute path /srv and your fuse mount point, if you search the forum there is a long thread about this. A user did resolve this using another option if you are using the mergerfs plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to point docker -> outside, to the absolute path /srv and your fuse mount point, if you search the forum there is a long thread about this. A user did resolve this using another option if you are using the mergerfs plugin.

Another fairly simple solution I saw in a thread... a cron job that 30 seconds after boot, the entire docker service was restarted.

• It sounds like the UnionFS mount is failing at boot time. Are any of these HDDs USB devices?

Post the contents of /etc/fstab

Before rebooting

after rebooting (before deleting and add'ing them again in "Shared Folders")

if that was the case why dont i see my data when i SSH into the /sharedfolders/ either? i still have to delete and add them again in WebUi under "Shared Folders"

i just tried to point all my containers to the /srv/ path and reboot it does the same, removes my data from /sharedfolders/*

• Offizieller Beitrag

if that was the case why dont i see my data when i SSH into the /sharedfolders/ either? i still have to delete and add them again in WebUi under "Shared Folders"

i just tried to point all my containers to the /srv/ path and reboot it does the same, removes my data from /sharedfolders/*

You don't have to anything in the GUI, my MergerFS mount point is called home, therefore any folder I create is on home e.g

so I would use the above as volume mount on the host why? e.g. below

as you can see /sharedfolders/Movies is empty, see here however, a user did overcome this by using the information here

• Offizieller Beitrag

/srv/41a1864d-6a84-442b-ae3b-bc4b6de6f3c9 fuse.mergerfs defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino,category.create=mfs,minfreespace=4G 0 0

Further reading the above is your fuse mount point any shared folder you set up should be set up under that, whilst that will not show the share under/sharedfolders it will not stop Docker from working provided the volume mount is pointed to /srv/41a1864d-6a84-442b-ae3b-bc4b6de6f3c9/movies.

There is one problem with this most dockers require a /config set to somewhere on the host, this will not work on MergerFS, there are 2 options to overcome this -> 1. A standalone drive specifically for the use of docker configs. 2. Changing the settings in MergerFS and for that you will need the link above to github. this being the relevant point;

• Do not use cache.files=off or direct_io if you expect applications (such as rtorrent) to mmap files. Shared mmap is not currently supported in FUSE w/ direct_io enabled. Enabling dropcacheonclose is recommended when cache.files=partial|full|auto-full or direct_io=false.

As I said one user did overcome this and as yet I have not been able to find post!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!