Graphics issue when starting install

• Hi,

when I boot the install stick ans select "install" from the Grub menu, the switching to the text mode screen fails - the text "screen" shows up multiple times in the upper area of the full screen, see attached photo and the video from this link:(Link to Video / Google Drive).
    Similar happens when I select "advanced" first and manually start the instllaltion. Also changing the "vga"-Parameter did not suceed.
    The OMV install iso is openmediavault_4.1.22-amd64.iso, checksum verified ok.
    The system is a Fujitsu D3641-S Mainboard with a Pentium G5420T.

However, I think this is merely not an OMV, but rather an Grub issue, and the best way to install is to use another PC for the 1st install ?

Regards, Sven

• It is OMV version 4.1.22, amd64. That seems to be the lastest stable version.
    I also forgot to mention that I upgraded the Maiboard to the lastest BIOS version.

Regards, Sven

I would call a priest. But in all seriousness I would try reformatting the install media completely rather then quickly, re-download the iso and use etcher to to write the image. I would also try to use a different usb port. Hope it helps.

• Hi thanks for the advices, meanwhile I did that more or less, e.g. verifying checksums, verifying the stick, using another USB-port... yet nothing helped. What makes me assuming that the stick is all right is that everything works fine on another computer.
    Well, I contacted the MB manufacturer yesterday, but no answer yet (it an expensive industrial MB - they should answer me), let's see.

Meanwhile, before turning to spritual means, I connected the system drive to that other computer and performed the inital installation there. This resulted in a running system, well more or less, I faced and am still facing other problems, but I will open another thread.

Regards, Sven

• Just for infirmation, for those who are interested: after setting
    BIOS > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings > "Above 4G Decoding" to Disabled

booting the OMV 4.1.22 installation stick was successfull.
    Booting OMV 5.05 installation stick was also successfull.

I consider this thread as "solved".

• Just for infirmation, for those who are interested: after setting
    BIOS > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings > "Above 4G Decoding" to Disabled

booting the OMV 4.1.22 installation stick was successfull.
    Booting OMV 5.05 installation stick was also successfull.

I consider this thread as "solved".

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!