Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

• Perfect, I stopped momentarily the Docker Transmission and I was able to launch the stack.
    I went to the end of the procedure and no way to connect to my url https.

Here are the logs of letsencrypt, If anyone have an idea?

• Offizieller Beitrag

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was,
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain,
    contain(s) the right IP address.,
    ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container,

The message suggest that either "www.mydomain.fr" is not pointing at the correct IP address of your server or that port 80 is not forwarded in your router to your server.

• Got a question regarding this thread probably out of the topic.
    Anyway, all my docker are still the docker file method and are working perfectly.
    Should I use Docker compose and why should I do it?
    How to make the transition ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

docker-compose is just a method to set up the docker. Once it is done you don't need it any more until you make modifications.
    Major advantage of docker-compose is that you can use the docker-compose files to setup your container on another computer or on a new installation. Much faster than doing it in the GUI (no matter if you use docker-gui plugin or portainer)

• docker-compose is just a method to set up the docker. Once it is done you don't need it any more until you make modifications.
    Major advantage of docker-compose is that you can use the docker-compose files to setup your container on another computer or on a new installation. Much faster than doing it in the GUI (no matter if you use docker-gui plugin or portainer)

Thank you for your explanations it start to make sense to me.
    But can you answer my 2 questions

since I am using my dockers outside of var lib as you know, and I tried yesterday I can still use them with a new installation

How to make the transition to docker-compose?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no right or wrong. You can use docker-compose, CLI for docker or a GUI for docker to create or modify new container.
    What ever works for you is good .

How to make the transition to docker-compose?

If you want to setup a new application in docker you can try to do it using docker-compose.
    There is also at least one tool to generate docker-compose files based on an existing installation. However, I have no idea how good it works.
    It is always a good idea to test new processes in a virtual machine. So for me a good starting point was to play with docker-compose in a virtual machine and on a BananaPi I do not use otherwise any more.

• I've noticed that with this setup I cannot use SMB/CIFS as port 445 is already in use (by the nextcloud docker container, I think). After starting SMB/CIFS the syslog shows:

Code
    smbd[28610]: Error = Address already in use
    smbd[28610]: bind failed on port 445 socket_addr = ::.

Is it possible to use SMB with this configuration? How can I change that port after I have this whole setup up and running? If I stop the docker container (via the OMV interface), modify the port number, and then re-start it, would nextcloud continue to run okay? Or would that cause trouble?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

- Andrew

• Offizieller Beitrag

Question: How do I use the subdomain method to access Nextcloud via the Letsencrypt docker?

I have done this quite a few times both in OMV4 and a few times on an x86 machine successfully, but for some reason I cannot finish up on a NanoPi M4. I have successfully gotten to the point of a letsencrypt cert, but my config.php file is not right. Here is all it contains:

PHP
    <?php
    $CONFIG = array (
      'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',
      'datadirectory' => '/data',
      );

I have my yml file adjusted to go the subdomain route, and like I say I've done it before, both with the TDL videos, and using compose in OMV5 on an Odroid H2 (AMD64 or x86) just a few weeks ago. I have deleted my containers and rerun my yml file but I get the same thing.

Does anyone know why the install is generating the wrong config.php file?

• I have a question regarding the ports of the nextcloud.
    Is it possible to run the cloud using ports other than 443 and 80? I would like to not use these, cause when i use them my nas gets constantly woken by wol. I assume because of webcrawlers or search engines or whatever. Now i changed the ports exposed by my router to the internet trough a dyndns adress. The effect is, that i can still reach the login page of my nextcloud, but not on the 'usual' address of "xyz.dyndns.com/nextcloud" but via "xyz.dyndns.com:145//nextcloud/index.php/login". From there unfortunately i can not log me in. Seems like jumps to other sites are broken.
    Is it possible to modify your docker compose to use other ports? Or will the cloud just not work on other ports?

• For the scenario your are describing its not necessary to change any ports of the containers. As you already figured out it depends on the external ports of your router, not the port inside your network. If you dont enter a specific port in your adress all traffic with http:// will be automatically directed to port 80 and all traffic with https:// to port 443.
    I dont know why you cant log in in the example of "xyz.dyndns.com:145//nextcloud/index.php/login" which you mentioned. Maybe this adress needs to be specified in the config.php of nextcloud as a trusted domain?!

• Hello everybody, I have a question about smb/cifs external storage.

I did a quick test of linuxserver nextcloud before set up a reverse proxy.
    Before, I was able to mount an external storage with config of first screenshot.

Now I success to set up a reverse proxy to access nextcloud container, but smb shares doesn't work. Chrome's console returns a http 422 error code.
    I tried to figure it out, but I don't understand.

Is it possibly my lets-encrypt container with a bad config ? I saw the letsencrypt container don't have the lib smbclient that is required by nextcloud for external storage, but nextcloud container has this lib. Have I to install this lib in lets-encrypt container ?

Or did I misunderstand reverse proxy system, and it's not possible to access smb share ?I don't use docker-compose but I use Portainer, and I configured a custom network for lets-encrypt and nextcloud, set the lets-encrypt container as NET_ADMIN.Hope I'm clear :-/

Bilder

French nooby User. Sorry for my English language mistakes, I'm not used to post on english forum

• MB: Asrock QC5000m microATX with AMD 5050 APU / RAM : 16 gb HyperX, Case: Fractal Design Node 804
    • Storage : Kingston SSD 128go (for OMV) / 1x4Tb Seagate IronWolf, 1x4Tb WD Red, 1x200 Go Maxtor and 1x230Go Maxtor (old devices)
    • Docker CE (not the OMV plugin) : managed by Portainer , run JDownloader2, TeamSpeak3, NextCloud 20 etc
    • Locate / MySQL (db kodi, nextcloud) / SMB_CIFS
  • I have nextcloud and letsencrypt running. Connecting external storages via SMB/CIFS works flawlessly so far. In my case there was no need to change the containers.

Under authentification I chose User and Password. In OMV i have a user which is in the sambashare group and this user has access to the shared folder. Also my samba share has guests allowed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!