Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

• There's nothing wrong with your nextcloud docker. Rather with your nextcloud.subfolder.conf file. Change the "proxy_max_temp_file_size from 2048m to 1024m. That's what's worked for me.

• @Morlan @pug_ster
    I don't seem to have nextcloud.subfolder.conf created...?
    (All steps done in accordance with the guide though)

Also, I noticed this time I tried to follow the guide from the beginning once again, it gives me waaay fewer parametres in GUI

And this is the content of

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/nextcloud/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

• /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs

Thanks!
    Made an edit, now it looks like this

Still getting the same error, even after full restart

• hi,
    trying omv5 on a virtualBox

after setup nextcloud and letsencrypt i got only "Internal Server Error"

followed the how-to

mydom of corse is my dyn domain.

the how-to say after seting that all i should get a page to set the db connection .. but; only error ^^

thx
    draddy

€dit: OMG ... and insert the text from the box below at the end, but befor the ");" - change "your.url" to your domain ... if you just quick quick overfly the things ... dat "but before the ");" i just combine with change your.url - as a hint "here you got to change ..." - well done general - sitdown, "f" (in deutsch: setzen, 6)

€dit2: Ok Other Problem: i can't connect to the DB:

what i'm doing wrong?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von draddy ()

• allright that helps, mybe macom can change / add this in the how-to ;) <-- done ... thats fast! xD

how can i use that letsencrypt for omv it self? emby is running and using it (found a proxy sample in /letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs) <-- got it here

next: btw. don't know if i go offtopic to much - just say and i start over with new topic.
    atm the letsencrypt nginx is listn to port 80 and 443 from extern call (router forward) and port 81 and 444 on local side ... on localside 80 and 443 is omv ... would it be a problem to change that?

so we could use local just 192.168.x.x/omv to connect the omv - or all other stuff we proxy with dat nginx - can't we?

and, for reason something crash or we need to access omv direct without that docker - we can just use the alternate port, like 8080 or what ever we set in "General Settings Port".

and, for lets encrypt we can't block port 80 ... but, what can i do again that

Welcome to our server

The website is currently being setup under this address.

For help and support, please contact: me@example.com

if i enter without any subfolder?

what you folks think? ;)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von draddy ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, still can't get it working:
    Nextcloud created, but I cannot access it, crome gives "connection refused error:(

Port-forwarding for 443 and 80 is set for BOTH and enabled

I had a lot of trouble with this guide for some reason (basically constantly running into the same problem you are)... never did figure it out.

Have you tried just following the old guide? That's what i ultimately did.. had to modify it a bit to work with Portainer vs the old docker-gui plugin, but it was easy. It's a little more tedious, but worked like a charm

• On the other hand it would be great to troubleshoot it and update the guide.

@Morlan the solution was to change DHLEVEL in GUI for 1024

This is strange cause this something not related to proxy_max_temp_file_size
    On which machine are running this?

Can you restart letsencrypt again and post the logs?

@draddy There are several threads about accessing omv interface via letsencrypt reverse proxy. Try these first.

• Are you using subfolder or subdomain method? In ealier posts you seemed to use subfolder method according to the guide. In the recent posts you used the subdomain.conf (even though you dont have a nextcloud subdomain specified in your letsencrypt config).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!