apt upgrade problems

• Installed OMV today on new Pi4 using ISO image OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz.
    Logging in through SSH, saw this message:

[ 0 security updates available, 48 updates total: apt upgrade ]

so I ran apt upgrade and saw lots of errors. Mainly saying "Could not resolve host: dl.bintray.com" and "Could not resolve 'httpredir.debian.org'"
    See attached for details. Log.txt

Any ideas what's wrong?
    Many Thanks, Anthony

• You have no working or configured network interface/DNS/internet connection.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you. I was coming to the same conclusion. I can connect to it on my local network, and the web interface works fine, so I think it is not correctly picking up the DNS address via DHCP from my router.

I'm pretty sure the hardware is OK, as I previously downloaded NOOBS and got it working OK as a standard Raspberry Pi.

I'll try adding a wifi connection and see if that helps.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you specify a static IP in OMV? If so, you need to add the DNS server in the same window further down. Should be your router IP and additionally an external server (e.g. 1.1.1.1).

Or you keep DHCP on the Pi and define a fixed IP on the router. Or you keep DHCP on the Pi and use host names instead of IPs.

Logging in through SSH, saw this message:

[ 0 security updates available, 48 updates total: apt upgrade ]

This is strange. It means the Pi had connection (and no DNS issue) before, otherwise, how does is know there are 48 updated?

• Managed to resolve this issue.
    I had not added an Ethernet interface.
    I had assumed that as it was using DHCP to get an IP address from my router and I could connect via the web interface, and I could also SSH into the Pi, then all was well.

Now I've added an network interface resolve.conf is showing the correct name server.
    root@nas:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 1.1.1.1
    nameserver 192.168.1.254
    search home

I wasn't able to add a wifi interface, as none were available. This is not a long term issue, as it is obviously better to use hard wired ethernet for a NAS, but I'm surprised it wasn't available.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!