LVM2 does not show all drives

• Hi,

i played around in some virtual maschines with the configuration i am targeting and so far, i had no problem. Until i switched to physical hardware.
    When i install LVM2, i just see my 2TB HTST drive, the other 2 drives with 400GB and 500GB for the VM' s are not showing up.

I added them with "pvcreate" and then i can use it normaly, but what is the problem with showing them? Can i log something outside of /var/log/ to get information why the drives does not show up?
    Even after a reboot they still are recognized. So it could be just a minor problem. Any suggestions?

Regards
    Lord_Pinhead

• Offizieller Beitrag

They need to be wiped to show up in the LVM disk drop down.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Wiping the drives has done the trick. Should the drives not be in the list with red background or something to make it clear that the drives at least where found? I have 12 drives now in the system and just 2 where not in the list. Even 2 old lvm drives and the VG's and LV's where found without problems and could be mounted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should the drives not be in the list with red background or something to make it clear that the drives at least where found?

I don't think that is possible but I also don't think they should be in the list. The Physical Disks tab shows you the drives that are found. If they aren't in the dropdown, you know they are either in use or need to be wiped.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!