OMV 5.0.5 released????

• Hi All,

I just went to download OMV image again, and noticed there is a v5.0.5 with almost 700 downloads. Am I missing something?

I only started playing with OMV last week so I'm not sure if that is GA release, as there is no word Beta alongside it?

omv-extras have nothing related v5 on their site either

• OMV was always available via github... it is not only since 5.0.5... If you want to move completely i would rather wait for the final release.

Check out Sourceforge page here, 684 downloads since 20 hours ago. GitHub is only for source code, not for binaries.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/

I might setup 4.1.23 and get on with that but my issue is learning curve with OMV with Docker package.

Release 5 has Portainer and Docker with OMV-Extras and hence is making it attractive solution. I also plan to run SnapRAID, but that is not available yet on 5.0.5 omvextras. I can do manual install of it, but rather have a GUI option. I have no problem with CLI, but it has to have WAF, as trying to explain something with CLI to my wife destroys my patience.

FreeNAS with RancherOS for Docker containers is a pain in the lower back side, and you have no chance of upgrading RancherOS either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also plan to run SnapRAID, but that is not available yet on 5.0.5 omvextras. I can do manual install of it, but rather have a GUI option. I have no problem with CLI, but it has to have WAF, as trying to explain something with CLI to my wife destroys my patience.

I just put the OMV 5.x version of the snapraid plugin in the repo.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The ISO names should probably indicate whether they are alpha/beta's during development...

Irregardless, he hinted in another thread, it probably wouldn't final until after the first point release (10.1)... which according to this will be the first half of September

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.…bian-10.1-Early-September

I think this is the path Volker has generally followed with previous releases. It allows any serious bugs that somehow didn't get caught during testing to get worked out before he pushes out OMV.

https://forum.openmediavault.o…eks-months-quarters-2020/

• I did an install today on my Ras Pi 4, did the "as a service over Debian" method which worked out almost perfectly although after the installation was finished I had to manually download and authorise 3 keys so apt-get update wouldn't spit out errors and fail.

Once I authorised all the keys everything started working perfectly, omv-update finished with zero errors and checking for updated plugins also finished with no errors.

Just waiting for OMV Extras now before I swap from 4 to 5 permanently.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just waiting for OMV Extras now before I swap from 4 to 5 permanently.

As I mentioned in the other thread, omv-extras has been ready for months.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Can you upgrade from the older version to the latest version

I don't think so, not yet anyway. The command to upgrade from OMV 3 to OMV 4 (omv-release-upgrade) is not available in OMV 4. I suppose it could appear at a later date via some update.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

As I mentioned in the other thread, omv-extras has been ready for months.

I was getting path errors (ldconfig, and something else) when I tried to install the Deb file yesterday. I'll double.check it when I get home.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was getting path errors (ldconfig, and something else) when I tried to install the Deb file yesterday. I'll double.check it when I get home.

That is very strange. I have four OMV 5.x systems running and haven't seen this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll double check it in a few minutes.. I'm almost home for a few before I have to bolt again in about an hour... I know when I first tried to upload the deb file, I got a ton of errors and nothing happened. Then I tried to dpkg the deb file, which gave the errors I indicated above.

I was going to try and just manually add a source list for it later.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tried uploading omvextras_5.0.2_all.deb via the webUI...

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Plugin', 'upload', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/upload.php(44): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

When I run

• wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash (which appears to be ready for omv 5)... and it just errors out the same way dpkg does (lines 31-34)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does it actually add the omv-extras repo? Because it doesn't error out, but it doesn't add the repo either, nor is it listed in the plugins available in the webUI after a refresh (at least it didn't for me)... check your /etc/apt/sources.list.d folder

• Did it for me from the CLI, I'm literally updating to Proxmox Kernel as we speak, I'll check the file after reboot...fingers crossed...worked !!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably not the ideal way, but I got 'er done. For anyone else who may encounter this.

(as root)
    touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list
    nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list
    Add this line: deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul buster main
    Cntrl X then Y to save
    Add the OMV extras key.. apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73
    apt update
    Go to the webUI, refresh your plugins list, and install openmediavault-omvextras.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!