Constant crashes - Kernel NULL dereference

• Offizieller Beitrag

What motherboard? Have you updated the bios?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What motherboard? Have you updated the bios?

AsRock H370M-ITX/ac

I had the problem before and exchanged the motherboard, because I thought it was the reason. The new one would offer me a BIOS update, but the old one was running on the new BIOS and had the same issue. I just exchanged the RAM module, because I had another one lying around... Maybe that helps.

Any other ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any other ideas?

If you can get it to boot with an older kernel, I would use omv-extras to install the proxmox kernel. If you want to test ahead of time, just boot an Ubuntu 18.04 iso. This is the same kernel for the most part.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• If you can get it to boot with an older kernel, I would use omv-extras to install the proxmox kernel. If you want to test ahead of time, just boot an Ubuntu 18.04 iso. This is the same kernel for the most part.

The NAS was not crashing the last 3 days, but I noticed some error messages in the syslog this morning. Any idea what exactly they could mean?
    Also the rrdcached process has/had a problem starting up, when I restarted the NAS today. I can also provide the syslog if that helps.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The NAS was not crashing the last 3 days, but I noticed some error messages in the syslog this morning. Any idea what exactly they could mean?

OMV's engine is segfaulting. Not good. Your system keeps running because monit restarts the engine. Have you ran memtest on this system? A php app typically should not segfault.

Also the rrdcached process has/had a problem starting up, when I restarted the NAS today. I can also provide the syslog if that helps.

I'm guessing it is related to the engine segfaulting. Sounds like bad memory or something kernel related.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!