can't apply changes to my omv

• First of all,

I'd like to greet you and thank you for the great project of openmediavault. I have been using it since 2015 and it has always offered me the perfect solution for my nas.

Now, I am not really an expert: I tryed to resolve this issue by myself but I still haven't found a solution.

I can't tell you since when, because I noticed it from the past week but everytime I make a configuration change to somehing in the omv's interface (like activate/stop plugins, add new shared folders, users, all kind of changes) I can't apply these changes because I get an error.

This one is related to mysql plugin but it happens with basically everything I do

I get this popup

Zitat

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl disable 'mysql.service' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mysql.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable mysqlinsserv: warning: script 'savecache' missing LSB tags and overridesinsserv: There is a loop between service watchdog and savecache if stoppedinsserv: loop involving service savecache at depth 2insserv: loop involving service watchdog at depth 1insserv: Stopping savecache depends on watchdog and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header"

These are the details:

Zitat

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl disable 'mysql.service' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mysql.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable mysqlinsserv: warning: script 'savecache' missing LSB tags and overridesinsserv: There is a loop between service watchdog and savecache if stoppedinsserv: loop involving service savecache at depth 2insserv: loop involving service watchdog at depth 1insserv: Stopping savecache depends on watchdog and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(119): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('disable', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/mysql.inc(119): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true)#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(152): OMV\Engined\Module\MySql->stopService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusgz...', '/tmp/bgoutputOS...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

I really don't understand much, so any help on what is causing this error would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• After some research I think some updates I did are causing the problems. I try to to purge or install a plugin I alway get this log in the error.

I think some update has been causing this, I'll probably go with a clean reinstall of OMV if I can't manage to track down the cause.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What are you using as a boot drive? If you build a flash media boot drive, after the rebuild, I'd clone the boot drive before updating so you'll be able to back out of a bad update.

Also, what platform are you using? ARM or X86?

• What are you using as a boot drive? If you build a flash media boot drive, after the rebuild, I'd clone the boot drive before updating so you'll be able to back out of a bad update.

Also, what platform are you using? ARM or X86?

I am using an old ssd: the next time, as you suggested, I'll clone the boot drive in case something happens again.

I am on a x86 platform.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, I don't have anything for you, other than to suggest trying to remove the mySQL plugin to see what happens. If that works, then try reinstalling the plugin.

Of course if your SSD is old, it's a suspect. You might consider looking its' SMART attributes, to see how they look. From there, once you know the OEM of your SSD, you might consider visiting the OEM's website for more info. In some cases OEM's offer free bootable utilities to examine their own drives.

For SSD's consider the SMART values for:
    5 - Reallocated Sectors
    187 - Uncorrectable Sector Count
    197- Current Pending Sectors
    (AND)
    Percentage of the Rated Life Left (or other similar name)

Setting ARM platforms aside:
    Over the years, running three X86 installs of OMV, I've had to restore from backup twice. One case was due to inexplicable behavior, after a change in configuration, and the other was due to an update that went south (maybe the source went off line or something was corrupted in the download). Neither instance was a big deal, with backup.

If you have to rebuild, take a look at this -> guide (the OS backup section) and consider using a USB thumbdrive as a boot drive. Thumbdrives are inexpensive, easy to clone and dirt simple to restore.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!