Is OMV5 out of beta?

    • Major Upgrade
    • Update
    • Is OMV5 out of beta?

      Hi there,

      I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5?

      Thanks
      NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm
    • RS1 wrote:

      Hi there,

      I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5?

      Thanks
      AFAIK this is still beta, and to answer the second part, no! :)
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • geaves wrote:

      RS1 wrote:

      Hi there,

      I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5?

      Thanks
      AFAIK this is still beta, and to answer the second part, no! :)
      I'm not sure: sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/

      The "latest version" download link usually ignores beta's.. unless of course this is an oversight?
      NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm
    • geaves wrote:

      RS1 wrote:

      The "latest version" download link usually ignores beta's.. unless of course this is an oversight?
      There's been no announcement on the forum that 5 has been released and from other threads it will release when Buster 10.1 is.
      Okay great, thanks for confirming
      NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm
    • KM0201 wrote:

      Unfortunately I think this is why we are seeing a lot of folks downloading OMV 5
      Me too, but I had an extra intel machine sitting around, and walla! it worked. I installed omv-extras from the command line with wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash I was even able to figure out (blind luck) how to install Plex with the Portainer container. I don't intend to entrust my treasures to omv 5 yet. I'm just trying to cut into the learning curve as soon as possible.

      I'm pretty sure Notifications does not work. I haven't been able to get a test email yet.
      I don't much like the Portainer. I sure hope the regular Docker plugin returns, or somebody does a [how-to] on building containers with Portainer.
      Retired. I love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.23-1 on a pair of Odroid hc2's w/ 4TB WD Blue. Running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - and a Raspberry Pi 3 running Pi-hole.
      Testing OMV 5.0.5 5.0.6 beta on an Odroid H2, HP dx2400, and Nanopi M4.