How to access installation drive?

• I've installed OMV and I'm using it mostly as a plex server - I have transmission installed (following the guide by the wonderful TechnoDadLife). The first day of using it was fine, things were downloading to the appropriate folders, etc... Today is different. For some reason, transmission no longer is downloading to the partition that it is setup for within Docker, but is instead downloading to the main install disk.

I'm going to guess that the reason this happened is because one of my drives is encrypted, and when transmission started, I had not yet unlocked the drive so it somehow decided to put the files on the main installation disk -- that part is fine, I have no issue manually starting transmission after unlocking the drive.

What I don't know how to do though is access the installation disk to be able to pull the files off of it! Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you

• I would suggest to use a tool like WinSCP or FileZilla. With these tools you have to create an (SSH) connection with root credentials. Then you have full access to the system disk´s file system.

It is also possible to open an SSH console session by PuTTY and do it by command line interface or e.g. Midnight Commander.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Thanks cabrio - for some reason I was thinking I couldn't use WinSCP because it's a linux system when I know better :huh:

Sorting through it now trying to figure out where the heck the files ended up...much appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

So once you unlock the disks and mount them you won’t see the files any more that are underneath. You have to unmount the partitions and clean the folders underneath. Reboot and don’t unlock the disks, use sftp or winscp to copy the files.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!