Handbrake keeps crashing

• Hi,

So I need to convert lots of video files so to do this I have decided to use handbrake on OMV. I have followed @TechnoDadLife video about how to do it however my handbrake keeps crashing and then restarting. I do not know why this is happening so any support would be greatly appreciated. I have exactly followed the video and all of the settings that technodadlife has used and thus I am confused why it is not working. I have attached the system log below as txt and image (only the start as it is so long)

syslog.txt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von table681 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see any related errors in your syslog. What is crashing? The container or handbrake itself? Either way, this seems to be something with the docker image or your system. I do use handbrake in a container but I haven't had issues.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't see any related errors in your syslog. What is crashing? The container or handbrake itself? Either way, this seems to be something with the docker image or your system. I do use handbrake in a container but I haven't had issues.

I not really sure as I am new to all of this, so I made a video of me setting it up and trying to run it (its literally a 1 minute long) so if you could have a look that would be great

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you post the output from the logs button for that container? Probably have to attach a file with the output.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep dbus

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe installing dbus-x11 needs to be installed on the host?? apt-get install dbus-x11

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is something very wrong with how it is parsing that command. Can you login with putty or something not shellinabox?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I SSH in using terminal on my mac

You did or you will?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, it is properly installed now. Does handbrake still fail? The system may need a reboot.

• So, it is properly installed now. Does handbrake still fail? The system may need a reboot.

Still getting the same problem however I haven't rebooted. I am going to reboot in the morning however as I am not currently able to (I cant reboot through the web as my computer will not let me auto boot to a usb drive) . So I will get back to you in around 8 hours.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did a system reboot and it is still failing.

Maybe try installing handbrake on the host and run it to see if it works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to confirm I have done that multiple times

Well, if that is working, I don't know why your other setup is not working. I added handbrake and handbrake-cli to this dockerfile and it works great.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!