Help with Mysql for kodi DB

• After long time I upgrade my system from v2 to v4 and now I am at the point with setting up mysql for Kodi. Well the interface has changend and on v2 there was the option to set a folder for the DB and on v4 there is no option. So how do I store my data now?

First I did all my changes like I did at my first install ever.

install omv extras and then the mysql plugin, activated the site management and changed ip from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0

Then I tried to log in but then the message comes "Verbindung zum server Fehlgeschlagen". Then I tried via console to change the password but didnt help. I tried a lots of time but nothing changed. So what I know is that mysql is on cause when I changed the password I had to stop and start the server and there were no problems with that.

Do I have to install some other plugins like nginx or do I have to make some other changes on omv before the step with mysql. Do I need to activate FTP? Sorry but it is only my second time doing this and I am a total rookie that needs help

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your best bet is to use mysql in a docker since the plugin will not be maintained. This thread should help set that up - https://forum.openmediavault.o…ntermediate-and-Advanced/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• good advise -thanks! I found a video with Docker and now I have a working DB

But now I have a differnet problem with reboot or shut down omv but I´m gonna open a new thread for that

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!