Building deb packages. Having a lintian issue.

• Hi,
    I have an OMV 4 machine that does double duty as a Debian package builder (nothing to do with OMV).
    After a build I run lintian against the new pkg. When running a build on my OMV 4 machine I consistently get this in my lintian output:
    'Opening configuration file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-proxy - ifstream::ifstream (13: Permission denied)'

As I say, the packages have nothing to do with OMV, and that file is completely empty.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a resolution? I don't know OMV very well (and I come from Ubuntu) so I'm not really sure where to start.
    Thanks very much

• Thanks for the quick reply.
    Perms are indeed 640.

I have just noticed that I get the same response when I do something like 'apt search unzip' (note that I ran this as a regular user).
    I suspect that the problem revolves around the fact that I use fakeroot to run lintian. My preference is to keep it that way.

What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it?

Cheers!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it?

I thought this fixed but I guess not. Just delete the file. You will have to re-delete it if you make any repo changes in the web interface though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!