Building deb packages. Having a lintian issue.

• Resolved
    • OMV 4.x
    • Building deb packages. Having a lintian issue.

Hi,
      I have an OMV 4 machine that does double duty as a Debian package builder (nothing to do with OMV).
      After a build I run lintian against the new pkg. When running a build on my OMV 4 machine I consistently get this in my lintian output:
      'Opening configuration file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-proxy - ifstream::ifstream (13: Permission denied)'

As I say, the packages have nothing to do with OMV, and that file is completely empty.
      Can anyone point me in the direction of a resolution? I don't know OMV very well (and I come from Ubuntu) so I'm not really sure where to start.
      Thanks very much
    • Please check the file permissions of /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-proxy. It should be 640 (rw-r--r-- root root).
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Thanks for the quick reply.
      Perms are indeed 640.

I have just noticed that I get the same response when I do something like 'apt search unzip' (note that I ran this as a regular user).
      I suspect that the problem revolves around the fact that I use fakeroot to run lintian. My preference is to keep it that way.

What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it?

Cheers!
    • lefigue wrote:

What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it?
      I thought this fixed but I guess not. Just delete the file. You will have to re-delete it if you make any repo changes in the web interface though.
      omv 5.0.14 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.5
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!