Getting Containers to start in a particular order

• Offizieller Beitrag

On my test box for OMV 5, I've been working on deploying my containers. Everything is going smoothly, but Nextcloud is having a minor issue.

Everything installs, sets up, and runs just fine. When I reboot the server, Nextcloud is unavailable at boot. If you've followed TDL's videos on setting up Nextcloud w/ secure access.. You know this is going to require 4 containers to work with each other (in order):

MariaDB
    Nextcloud
    Duckdns
    Lets Encrypt

What I've found, is when Nextcloud is unavailable at boot, If I stop all 4 containers, and then start them in that order... then Nextcloud starts just fine.

Is there a command or variable I can add to Portainer (I'm assuming it would have to be added to the individual containers involved)... where Nextcloud will not start until MariaDB is up, Duckdns will not start until Nextcloud is up, and then Lets Encrypt will not start until Duckdns is up....

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would use docker-compose to set up the containers. That is made for just this purpose
    I know that this is not exactly what you were looking for (lacking GUI) though.

Nextcloud is having a minor issue.

docker-compose the way to go as henfri said AND you can use or create compose files in the portainer web interface. Just look in the Stacks section. stacks = compose files :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yea I would like to keep this within portainer if possible. For some reason Everytime I mess with docker compose, things get screwed up.

You can keep it in portainer in the stacks section.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah... I'm reading up on it now, but you're or more or less just using docker compose with Portainer there... which as I said.. I always manage to screw up somehow. Looks like I'm gonna have to figure out how to not screw it up.. :)

I was hoping there was either a simple environment variable I could add to a container .. "Don't start till this is up"...

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

compose files aren't too bad. Other than using gross delays between starting containers or using health checks (more difficult than compose file), there really isn't a way.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!