Problem installing on a AMD G-T56n machine

• I have a low power machine with 2 sata ports. Its powered by Dual core AMD G-T56N. Its perfect because it consumes only 15 watts and can be left on with a bit carbon foot print.

I was unable to get any display using install USB to after the BIOS. If I remove the USB without switching off the machine, it shows a garbled display.

For record, I had a ubuntu 19.04 server on it before it became a Xubuntu with xfce4. I have also had Ubuntu Mate, ClearOS, Debian AMD64 9.9 (xfce4) and Windows 10.

I think a minimal text based simple screen would be enough because the main operations will be done by browser.

I also tried the beta 5x version and that too came with a blank screen after BIOS. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Anil

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the screen or display doesn't work, but the OMV web GUI is OK, then you don't need a display. In fact I have six OMV servers running and none of them even have anything to plug a display to.

Instead I use the web GUI and ssh to login remotely.

OMV is designed to allow that. I would even say that this is the normal way to run OMV. Headless. Most Linux servers are headless, I think. Why would you want a display on a server? When you can login from your PC or laptop? The only reasons I can think of are debugging the boot process, if it won't boot or upgrading the bios.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• If the screen or display doesn't work, but the OMV web GUI is OK, then you don't need a display. In fact I have six OMV servers running and none of them even have anything to plug a display to.

Instead I use the web GUI and ssh to login remotely.

OMV is designed to allow that. I would even say that this is the normal way to run OMV. Headless. Most Linux servers are headless, I think. Why would you want a display on a server? When you can login from your PC or laptop? The only reasons I can think of are debugging the boot process, if it won't boot or upgrading the bios.

Hi Adoby: I too want to run it like a headless. I have put in the install CD/USB which gives me the blank screen and I am unable to install. The same USB boots fine on other machine and other USB like Ubuntu Mate, ClearOS, Debian AMD64 9.9 (xfce4) and Windows 10 boot fine on this machine. Could it be that the install CD does not know who to deal with on-chip AMD graphics? Is there a hack to that to get the display show up just for install to go through? I can ssh or http after that on the ip address.
    Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!